British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 415

Quote: EllieJP @ April 14 2009, 10:21 AM BST

I really nearly did go, but I just ended up doing the 4 hour drive to Bournemouth feeling like rubbish the next day. Bad traffic and I had a 15 minute kip in the back of my car at the services.

Fooooool.

Quote: Aaron @ April 15 2009, 3:37 PM BST

Fooooool.

But it was for my bestest friend ever.

Quote: EllieJP @ April 15 2009, 4:17 PM BST

That is why Ellie Rocks.

DVDs that don't go straight to the Main Menu (even if you click the 'menu' or '>>' buttons) but instead force the viewer to sit through about a minute of copyright warnings.

Men with floppy hair. Buy some f**king gel or get it cut.

Quote: chipolata @ April 16 2009, 11:22 AM BST

Men with floppy hair. Buy some f**king gel or get it cut.

Gel? Yuk. Men with long, gelled hair look disgusting.

*Brushes hand through his lovely, long, dark hair*

Quote: Kenneth @ April 15 2009, 11:48 PM BST

DVDs that don't go straight to the Main Menu (even if you click the 'menu' or '>>' buttons) but instead force the viewer to sit through about a minute of copyright warnings.

Many (all?) of the BBC DVDs here in the U.S. force you to sit through a long BBC America commercial. Ugh.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 16 2009, 11:28 AM BST

Gel? Yuk. Men with long, gelled hair look disgusting.

Not if they gel it so it stands straight up in the air.

Quote: DaButt @ April 16 2009, 11:35 AM BST

Many (all?) of the BBC DVDs here in the U.S. force you to sit through a long BBC America commercial. Ugh.

That BBC America commercial is on a few BBC DVD titles that have ended up in Australia. Just as annoying are DVDs released by Australian company Umbrella Entertainment, which invariably start with an animated yellow umbrella character doing tedious things (fiddling with a TV aerial until he gets Union Jack reception and Big Ben chiming - for British titles; wandering down an artistically lit street - for European titles; swinging stupidly on a clothesline - for Australian titles; etc). And then come the long copyright warnings that can't be skipped! Maddening. They should be put at the end. It's not as if anyone sits down to read a book and first reads the "all rights reserved, no part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted..." stuff, but even they did, it would be quicker than sitting through infuriating DVD copyright warnings.

That there's 16 stupid marks between the bottom of grade A and the top of grade U on my Nazi history paper. Also, individual assignment. >_<

Quote: EllieJP @ April 15 2009, 4:17 PM BST

And if he/she was such a good friend, then they would have insisted that you stay home and look after yourself.

Or did they, and you went anyway?

Quote: Kenneth @ April 15 2009, 11:48 PM BST

I can cope with that, but DVDs that don't have a 'Play All' option really f**k me off.

Curb Your Enthusiasm has without a doubt the worst DVD releases I have ever had the displeasure of experiencing, let alone actually purchasing.

Quote: Aaron @ April 16 2009, 5:32 PM BST

And if he/she was such a good friend, then they would have insisted that you stay home and look after yourself.

Or did they, and you went anyway?

No, she was gutted I couldn't go on the first day. So I drove sick.

Ah well. :)

Arrogant shitty-faced, self-centred, self-loving, cocky, silky-smooth, as-tough-as-a-wanky-yanky-cream-puff, rib-removing for ease of use, perma-tanned bastards.

I really can't stand them.

And I really don't expect anyone to dignify this rant with a response - I just had to get that off my moob-laden chest.

In fact - that's another thing that pisses me off. Moobs. I know I'm slightly overweight - I don't need to be reminded every time I look in the mirror and see a pair of tits bigger than Kiera Knightley's and Tara Palmer-Beestingson's combined.

And that's another thing that pisses me off - the sheer evil of drinking 6 pints (which constituted a mere starter course just 15 years ago...) and pouring my woes and despairs into this f**king forum. Schmuckarama.

Shit - and another thing. That God-awful Diet Coke advert featuring Duffy. She sounds like a seal having boiling water poured over it, she looks utterly ridiculous with those blue fooking tights on and the whole biking to the shop premise is as weak as piss.

Without doubt, the worst advert of all time.

Quote: Mick Green @ April 17 2009, 12:44 AM BST

Arrogant shitty-faced, self-centred, self-loving, cocky, silky-smooth, as-tough-as-a-wanky-yanky-cream-puff, rib-removing for ease of use, perma-tanned bastards.

Do you mean 'chavs'?