British Comedy Guide

Current radio comedy... Page 24

For those interested, here is Mitch Benn's Twitter page.

I have a feeling that it may well crop up again this week following the horrible news that the most followed celebrity on Twitter is no longer Stephen Fry. It's Coldplay (See here for proof).

Quote: Ian Wolf @ April 6 2009, 3:40 PM BST

It's Coldplay.

Sick

Updates to slit your wrists to.

I'm listening to The Unbelievable Truth at the moment, and speaking as someone from Teesside, I happen to known that David Mitchell's hometown of Oxford, when looked from above, looks like a load of bollocks.

Alas I'll have to use the services of Listen Again for The Unbelieveable Truth as I got a call from my neighbour and then managed to drop a whole bottle of dark vinegar on the floor.

Have tickets for The Now Show when Hugh Dennis and Marcus Brigstocke are back - am just SO excited. Will have to contain myself otherwise the embarrassment might just cause my husband to keel over.

Edited by Aaron.

Actually, there is some good news for Now Show fans - they been nominated for this year's Sony Award, as have Count Arthur Strong, Miranda Hart, Adam and Joe, and Danny Baker.

Not a great Unbelievable Truth last night, but always good to hear Graeme Garden. And the line about Middlesborough and turds was predictable yet funny.

Quote: chipolata @ April 7 2009, 10:16 AM BST

Not a great Unbelievable Truth last night, but always good to hear Graeme Garden. And the line about Middlesborough and turds was predictable yet funny.

It's "Middlesbrough"! One "O".

Quote: Ian Wolf @ April 7 2009, 10:20 AM BST

It's "Middlesbrough"! One "O".

It's oop North. That's two O's!

I'm not sure about Victoria Coren as the host of Heresy. I like her, but I think I'd have preferred a comedian in the chair. Plus, starting off with gags about how much of an imbecile George Bush was incredibly tired and predictable. Still a nice concept for a show, though, and I hope future editions have better guests and more intriguing topics.

Arturart was interesting last night, in particular the story about Salvador Dali and Brian Sewell.

I enjoyed Safety Catch today. It seems to have found its feet more this series. And the child soldier uniform stuff was very funny. Suprisingly dark stuff for a lunchtime show on Radio 4.

I wonder if there will be any complaints following on from Mark Steel's earthquake gags?

Quote: Ian Wolf @ April 8 2009, 7:23 PM BST

I wonder if there will be any complaints following on from Mark Steel's earthquake gags?

I missed it. What was the gag?

Quote: chipolata @ April 9 2009, 2:43 PM BST

I missed it. What was the gag?

He said that having an earthquake was something to proud of, because Walsall had one in 2002 and West Bromwich didn't have one. What with the earthquake in Italy, some people might complain about joking about earthquakes just after one became headline news.