British Comedy Guide

What are you watching on TV? Page 759

:P

It's ok, I can't even remember what we were talking about. :D

Who are you? Huh?

:D

Ghostbusters. So far the effects have been split equally between good and shockingly-dated.

Beowulf.

Rick Moranis in Ghostbusters. Now I know where Mike Myers got Austin Powers' look from.

Ghostbusters is still so good, except for some of the effects, which look slightly dated. Sigourney Weaver was/is smokin'.

It's still one of my favourite films!

Quote: hotzappa11 @ April 5 2009, 7:42 PM BST

Ghostbusters is still so good, except for some of the effects, which look slightly dated. Sigourney Weaver was/is smokin'.

Yes, some of them do stick out. I think it's around 65/35 bad/good ratio.

Ghostbusters is still so good.

1-Everything was fine until dickless here turned off the containment unit.

2-Is this true?

3-Yes it's true; this man has no dick.

Laughing out loud

And Ray saying "Listen!... Can you smell something?" is still funny.

It never bothers me if the effects are ropey in an old film; I mean, it's old, the effects are going to look dated!

Apparently a third film is moving close to being a reality, with some writers of The American Office working on it. Can't say I'm overly optimistic about the idea.

Some of the computery-ised effects look bad, but all the real stuff (in the manner of American Werewolf real) still look good.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 5 2009, 7:57 PM BST

It never bothers me if the effects are ropey in an old film; I mean, it's old, the effects are going to look dated!

Agreed. Still a fantastic film.

Stardust.