British Comedy Guide

The Secret Broke Page 2

Quote: jonny2 @ March 21 2009, 4:11 AM GMT

I must say that I agree with Prefect Badge. This thread confuses me a bit as well - it's taking liberties with the usual format, which usually consists of enigmatic walruses being watched from the distance as Philomena's indescribable left breast is spontaneously flicked with the wing of a purple albatross. Normally, poster A has to wait for a while for some "usual suspects" to pass comment before poster B kicks in to praise the works of Alexander Badger, a predominant writer and authority on the concept of dialectical consciousness. Then there's a bit of debate about a sudden commotion, heavy footsteps in the hall and dropping of a wine glass heedlessly on the floor. Then posters C and D come in, one of whom will almost certainly offer sensible critique - and then someone else will suggest posters A B C and D are related to Melanie, a talented Mediwitch from a long line of circus performers. Then poster B will compare the work to that of SimonTX aka Thordox, who is a cross between Tolkien and Shakespeare. At which point poster A will dig out a masterpiece (what else?) of the Great SimonTX and praise it to the hilt with words like, 'excellent, funny, creative, funniest, hilarious, genius', (what else?); reminding posters E F and G that they hadn't yet commented on Thordox's work. Then, we all have some Doritos and if we got milk, drink some; have a good lie down with the image of love, humour and genius in our mind's eye. As we drift off to sleep, we can feel the warmth and wisdom of those great purveyors of comedy which is comforting, calming and helps ease our confusion.

I'm glad you have the time. :)

Quote: Henry Thurston @ March 20 2009, 6:13 PM GMT

Thank you but you really are taking the piss are you not? Im new here, when I read your words at first my heart did a little beat of hapiness but as I read on I realised that you was not serious.

I wouldn't take it personally, I think this is what he does.

Sorry for the delay, I've been busy. Can I just remind everyone to check out the work of Mr Simon Thordox? It's really rather good.

why are the polluting my thread with this nonsense drivel, all that time they wasted writing that disgusting dirty dirge of non concequence. Maybe they could have spent the time writing soemthing that would perhaps further their non existant career. So much time wasted on this pony.

maybe it funny, im not familiar enough with their characters to know that yet.

I used to go on a forum and just post the letter a every now and again. At first people were annoyed but after 2 an a half years it was supposedly funny

Quote: Henry Thurston @ March 21 2009, 2:42 PM GMT

I used to go on a forum and just post the letter a every now and again. At first people were annoyed

You've just kicked away any credibility in your moral stance, complaining about people posting crap in your thread then admitting you did it yourself for 2+ years, eh?
:O :D

This is a nice sketch I like the extra twist, it's a good solid comedy idea. I even like the hyper real, anti joke style dialogue. It made me smile and I enjoyed it.

People pay attention when you write decent stuff.

It will do.

Quote: SlagA @ March 21 2009, 3:54 PM GMT

You've just kicked away any credibility in your moral stance, complaining about people posting crap in your thread then admitting you did it yourself for 2+ years, eh?
:O :D

yes I did, but all I posted was the letter a, easy to ignore, their monolouges take me ages to read and thus gage exactly what they are getting at, im still not sure

Quote: sootyj @ March 21 2009, 6:06 PM GMT

This is a nice sketch I like the extra twist, it's a good solid comedy idea. I even like the hyper real, anti joke style dialogue. It made me smile and I enjoyed it.

People pay attention when you write decent stuff.

thanks very much for reading it