British Comedy Guide

Sending your Scripts Page 4

Quote: Marc P @ March 17 2009, 10:59 AM GMT

Is that a threat or a cold call?

:)

no silly, lol, its not a threat, its my first question to a potential decision maker, you are the decision maker yes?

do you realise that for less than the price of a packet of crisps per day we could cover you up to the note of £750000. Accident insuarnce is a sensible option Marc, it really is. I mean for less than 27p a day we can cover you, your partner and any kids you have under the age of 18, as long as the kids are not younger than 30 days, we find kids this young are not really worth anything

Hi all,

In relation to sending scripts by email our theatre company is recently started using Digitally Signed emails which shows that the email itself has definitely come from us and if the other person has a Digital ID the emails between us automatically become encrypted so that they can't be tampered with or read on it's way to the recipient, even if it's hacked over wireless airways.

Anyone can get one of these Digital Email Certificates for FREE. Comodo provide a free program called SecureEmail which can be set to automatically Ditigally Sign your emails / encrypt your emails and maintains your Digital Email Certificates.

NOTE: There are two versions of Comodo's SecureEmail. The only difference between the two is that the "Pro Version" is for if your using Ditigal Email Certificates for business use and if you already have a digital certificate from another vendor. The program itself is free but if you need a business certificate you can pay a very small annual fee. $7.20 (£4) per certificate to be exact.***

At any rate, you can get your free email certificate without SecureEmail though you'll have to maintain your certificates in outlook or whichever email program your using and if you are using one of the following antiviruses:
Panda Antivirus
Avira AntiVir Premium
CA Internet Security Suite
PC Tools Antivirus
Kaspersky Internet Security 2009
ArcaVir 2008

Certificate signup on it's own: http://www.comodo.com/products/certificate_services/email_certificate.html

SecureEmail: http://www.secure-email.comodo.com/index.html

There are lots of other free Comodo programs here: http://www.comodo.com/products/free_products.html

Eric

This is a good thread but apart from all this shit about lesbianism and sunbathing could anyone please mention some companies who accept email submissions- I know Comedy Unit do but I'm pretty sure that there's a few more.

eric's post on the "e mailing of scripts " debate sum's it all up for me personally, I did'nt understand a word of it . I have Vista installed and struggled to save any doc's in pre 2003 mode so that I can send the little buggers anywhere.
secondly I like to leave the odd script lying around,just so I can pretend I'm a writer, I might even buy a smoking jacket and cravat, Imagine what I would be like if I ever got one acepted.

J26

Ronnie
the best way is to get a writers handbook and look in there, or hit the phone, it's a bit of a pain but, like it said in an earlier post there aren't any real short cuts.

Quote: Johnny26 @ March 22 2009, 8:53 AM GMT

... I might even buy a smoking jacket ...

A quilted lining raincoat turned inside-out serves nicely as a smoking jacket.

but it does tend to chaff on your delicate bit's

J26