British Comedy Guide

Bad spelling in my scripts is a form of protest Page 2

Quote: Henry Thurston @ March 17 2009, 10:24 AM GMT

ok mr arron, I read all them rules, tell me which one I broke

Point 9. And if there is one regarding trolls, then you've probably broken that too. Mr Kurl Henree.

Quote: Aaron @ March 17 2009, 10:32 AM GMT

Point 9. And if there is one regarding trolls, then you've probably broken that too. Mr Kurl Henree.

POINT 9 Unless said in legitimate context (for example, a programme title), "txt spk" is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN, and will NOT BE TOLERATED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. This is a pet hate of the BSG's editors, and will be heavily enforced. As far as is possible, correct English spelling and grammar should be used. We also request that members refrain from SHOUTING UNNECESSARILY in their posts.

mATE, aaron, you have to see how ridiculous this rule is, you just have to, come on human sense, im coherent, you understand me and im not a troll, im telling the truth from my heart aaron, from the heart mate, come on

and this shouting rule aaron, its so silly im crying with tears of agony and laughter

metaphorical shouting does not hurt metaphorical ears, anyone who is truely offended by caps lock really needs to take a look in the mirror and just find out who the hell they are, caps lock is not a weapon, it is not offensive and anyone who finds it so just aint altogether right or sane

Quote: Graham Bandage @ March 17 2009, 10:31 AM GMT

Oh, Henry, you have no idea...

err I do, I know who he is

at first I thought he was waving to me, and I smiled, I put my glasses on and saw that little yellow ball was implying I was a wanker

i was hurt, I retaliated and now I just want to stop all this confrontation and just read, laugh occasionally post and be part of your lovely community

we are all off on teh wrong foot

lets start again

There is nothing ridiculous about the rule. It's simple, common courtesy, and makes your posts much easier for everyone to read. If you refuse to accept the rules of this web site, then please leave.

Quote: Aaron @ March 17 2009, 10:40 AM GMT

There is nothing ridiculous about the rule. It's simple, common courtesy, and makes your posts much easier for everyone to read. If you refuse to accept the rules of this web site, then please leave.

seethat's better, your asking me to leave, you aint holding the door open and throwing me out and closing it and never letting me back,that's resposible arron

but laws you see mate are there to be challenged are they not, im sure you would sgree,that's why your hair is allowed to be so long, back in the day revoloutionaries with long hair challenged the government and refused to go to those government barbers, they stood together, firm, proud and hairy and told the people this is what we are, we will not cut our hair, and because of this people like you are allowed to get away with it, I like your hair

anyhow, the point im making is

who actually here and please come in the thread and say is offended by caps lock and who is offended by bad spelling?

please come in and tell me why

Quote: Henry Thurston @ March 17 2009, 9:53 AM

Do you understand what im saying Dan.

Erm... No. Not really.

Dan

Laws are to be challenged in a democracy. This web site is not a democracy. I like to think it is reasonably fair, and I think that most members would agree with that - even those who don't like me personally. But make no mistake; this web site is owned, run and controlled by just 2 people. It is not democratic. And both of those 2 people do find bad spelling, poor grammar, and the indulgent use of the caps lock to be offensive.

Quote: Aaron @ March 17 2009, 11:05 AM GMT

Laws are to be challenged in a democracy. This web site is not a democracy. I like to think it is reasonably fair, and I think that most members would agree with that - even those who don't like me personally. But make no mistake; this web site is owned, run and controlled by just 2 people. It is not democratic. And both of those 2 people do find bad spelling, poor grammar, and the indulgent use of the caps lock to be offensive.

okthat's good, I like that, communication, now these 2 people although undemocratic,that's fair enough, you said it, its truth but as well as being undemocratic are you aslo prejudice, would you discriminate againts someone with a problem, dyslexia for instant, how about if I can't spell or do grammar through an illness, will you not let me come on your forum because of a condition which is no fault of my own?

Quote: Aaron @ March 17 2009, 11:05 AM GMT

Fair enough, you long haired revolutionary, you! :D

Heres an example

Mi name is Henry an I has meny wepens of mas distrection

Now you understood it didnt you

Umm...no.

Is that meant to be "destruction", or "distraction"? As some kind of joke, or something?

This is my first post. Yes, I de-lurked to say this. I apologise.

Quote: twit in pyjamas @ March 17 2009, 12:11 PM GMT

Umm...no.

Is that meant to be "destruction", or "distraction"? As some kind of joke, or something?

This is my first post. Yes, I de-lurked to say this. I apologise.

hmm you see the thing isthat's what its about, I want my work to be up for your own interpretation, it could be either, so everyone gets a different story

its the way things are going I hope

Just remember to smile when you dial Henry!

It shows in your voice.

you sound like my supervisor, he always says that in our morning brief, the thing is he always says it with a frown

i sold 4 already today

i am encouraged to hard sell to people with learning disabillities

i know this is wrong in my heart but I gotta eat

i sold one to a man named winston who wasnt very well in his head. he kept trying to get me off the phone by telling me his bath was running. It must been a very slow running bath coz 40 minuets later he was sold and he must have had a leak, then his carer come on the phone and asked who I was, I told her that I was nobody, and winston had rung me

she said "im sorry, he does that a lot"

you wouldnt belive the company im representing, news of the world story that

Quote: Henry Thurston @ March 17 2009, 12:29 PM GMT

news of the world story that

With some extremely heavy sub-editing, obviously...

Are you a dictionary salesman, Henry?

I'm with the whole "language has to evolve" point. But not the rest.

Even if one producer does actually appreciate it. What about the rest of the crew that have to read the script?

Trying to invent a dialect within the dialogue is fine - many people have got away with that (See Sci-Fi) but the rest of the script will fare better, using the standard formatting.

Otherwise, may I suggest sending in your scripts, tattooed on the backs of small orphan children with an infected needle? Because paper is so 20th century.