British Comedy Guide

Writing for Newsjack (aka 7 on 7) Page 11

Well done, Indigo.
I would have liked earlier notification. Kill the hope sooner rather than let it linger. :|

N.B. I just found out my job ends at the end of march. So really not to fussed about sneaking out of work on monday (I work from home so who'd notice anyway?)

Hear that BBC I've got nothing to do and am quite happy to be your writng bitch from here on in.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound showy-offy. I have previously failed to have material broadcast on Tilt and RFTP as well as failing to send any of my writing off to anyone for years, so hopefully that qualifies me to post occasionally. Maybe they are waiting to see if anyone turns down their place before they notify everyone else?

Quote: Indigo @ March 5 2009, 1:38 PM GMT

Maybe they are waiting to see if anyone turns down their place before they notify everyone else?

You're probably right. I suggest you inform them you're unable to attend at the earliest opportunity.

That goes for the rest of you as well.

;)

Indigo, well done to you.
Don't forget about us, drop us a line after the masterclass sometime and let us know how it was.

Congrats Indigo; glad to see someone's got somewhere. Anyone else want to admit success?

Hi Indigo and well done.

Quote: Indigo @ March 5 2009, 1:38 PM GMT

I have previously failed to have material broadcast on Tilt

You could have written the whole series of Tilt and wouldn't get invited to anything...;)

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ March 5 2009, 3:10 PM GMT

You could have written the whole series of Tilt and wouldn't get invited to anything...;)

And Yacob's obnoxious???

;)

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ March 5 2009, 3:14 PM GMT

And Yacob's obnoxious???

;)

Dan

Laughing out loud

Well, no email for me, but there's always tomorrow.
(ever the optimist)

Quote: Mikey J @ March 5 2009, 5:40 PM GMT

Well, no email for me, but there's always tomorrow.
(ever the optimist)

Oh the sun'll come out tomorrow, tomorrows another day!

I am currently working on an hilarious annecidobte for when Sootyj wins the first nobel prize for comedy. About how despite being ignored by every open spot he still went onto be the funniest man in the world.

Yeah, I reckon that tomorrow the BBC will phone me up to say that my sketches were so good they felt I was above the workshop and are commissioning me to write a whole new series instead.

Quote: Little Mikey @ March 5 2009, 9:27 PM GMT

Yeah, I reckon that tomorrow the BBC will phone me up to say that my sketches were so good they felt I was above the workshop and are commissioning me to write a whole new series instead.

That's a coincidence, I'm predicting a similar call for me tomorrow although I'm still invited to the workshop, as they want me to lead it.

Quote: Hennell @ March 5 2009, 10:26 PM GMT

That's a coincidence, I'm predicting a similar call for me tomorrow although I'm still invited to the workshop, as they want me to lead it.

My sketches were so good the guy reading them had a coronary and died, hence they considered them 'too dangerous' to broadcast - that's the only possible explanation.

I think I was in trouble ever since I phoned Andrew Sach's grnadaughter and told her I shagged him.

And then made a really old joke about it on an internet forum.