British Comedy Guide

Writing for Newsjack (aka 7 on 7) Page 10

I certainly can't!

In a fit of optimism, I took monday off just in case*

Well, actually I'm not due in until 6pm, so that sort of counts.

I had sort of assumed, rightly or wrongly, that this workshop would be in the evening.

Mainly as everyone trying to get material accepted almost certainly has a proper job at the moment.

I'm also increasingly thinking it might be evening; although seeing as to go I'd be travelling from Lincoln and would probably miss at least part of my busiest day at uni, I'd rather it was significantly worthwhile.

Quote: Smithy @ March 5 2009, 12:01 PM GMT

I had sort of assumed, rightly or wrongly, that this workshop would be in the evening.

Mainly as everyone trying to get material accepted almost certainly has a proper job at the moment.

And you couldn't take a day off?

Quote: Afinkawan @ March 5 2009, 9:43 AM GMT

More likely of course is that they've already told the people they want to come along on Monday and the rest of us have just heard nothing.

I would think they'd notify everyone, otherwise the writersroom is just going to be inundated with queries. Is very short notice, though.

I think I missed the deadline to this - by minutes. Serve me right to try and be cool and leave it to the last minute.

Quote: chipolata @ March 5 2009, 12:13 PM GMT

I would think they'd notify everyone, otherwise the writersroom is just going to be inundated with queries. Is very short notice, though.

With that short notice then it makes even more sense that they'd concentrate on the 'winners' and leave the losers until they have more time to respond.

Quote: Afinkawan @ March 5 2009, 12:25 PM GMT

With that short notice then it makes even more sense that they'd concentrate on the 'winners' and leave the losers until they have more time to respond.

We should all turn up en masse to the workshop and claim that we thought not being notified was their way of telling us we'd done quite well.

Brilliant plan. you email David Mitchell and find out where he's going to be and when.

Good thought! I've been trying to keep the day free of work-related meetings just in case, but it's difficult to do that on the off-chance of winning a much-entered BBC competition!

I'm guessing pestering the Writers Room isn't a great solution. If anyone has been accepted for this workshop it would be really helpful to know ...

Hi everyone, I haven't posted before but am a huge fan of this site. I am in shock after just being invited to the masterclass on Monday. I'm really grateful to everyone who has posted on this thread as it has been really helpful. I hope a few of you make it to the session on Monday as well.

Welcome to the site and well doneyou show-off ;).

Well I guess that's it - the winners have been notified. Thanks for letting us know Indigo, and good luck on Monday.

Quote: Indigo @ March 5 2009, 12:50 PM GMT

but am a huge fan of this site.

TRUE BSGers aspire to failure, and lots of it. So sling your hook. :)

Well, you would think they would contact us to know that we failed to get a place.