British Comedy Guide

What are you listening to now? Page 548

Quote: Ben @ February 28 2009, 9:28 PM GMT

It'll never happen. You heard 'I Am The Key'? That's a good unreleased track by them.

There's whole loads of unreleased demos on the net, like 20 odd songs. They've done loads of brilliant stuff - especially I Am The Key.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 28 2009, 9:31 PM GMT

Uh huh. And if it did it's been so long it'll probably be rubbish. In fact, I've heard There She Goes so many time now I f**king hate the song.

It's not the best thing on the album, but however many times I hear it I still love it. It's timeless. Mavers just naturally oozes talent.

I almost bought the new Ben Kweller album today, but then I didn't. Interesting, hey?

Quote: Seefacts @ February 28 2009, 9:42 PM GMT

There's whole loads of unreleased demos on the net, like 20 odd songs.

There's so many different session versions of things that I get a bit confused. The 1988 sessions, the Mike Badger sessions etc.

There was an official CD came out in about 2001 which contained a live gig and a set of sessions which included a rehearsal of 'Tears in the rain' which was ACE! I don't know if there's any other versions of it...

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 28 2009, 9:43 PM GMT

I almost bought the new Ben Kweller album today, but then I didn't. Interesting, hey?

He done a song with Ben Folds!
Who the hell was the third Ben?

Quote: zooo @ February 28 2009, 9:45 PM GMT

Me?

Quote: Ben @ February 28 2009, 9:46 PM GMT

Me?

I'd pay good money to hear you sing.

Ben Lee? I think? Don't know who he is. Kweller is ace.

Quote: Ben @ February 28 2009, 9:45 PM GMT

There's so many different session versions of things that I get a bit confused. The 1988 sessions, the Mike Badger sessions etc.

There was an official CD came out in about 2001 which contained a live gig and a set of sessions which included a rehearsal of 'Tears in the rain' which was ACE! I don't know if there's any other versions of it...

Yeah, a definitive list would be nice. Some kind soul has upped some audio to YouTube of two of The La's most famous bootlegs 'The Crescent Tape' and 'The Kitchen Tape'. I'm ripping the audio and seeing what stuff I have and haven't got.

Because I'm sad.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 28 2009, 9:47 PM GMT

I'd pay good money to hear you sing.

You don't want to know what I'd pay good money for you to do.

Have you heard about how some Eastern European country are using The Las' There she Goes as their entry, for this year's competition?

Quote: catskillz @ February 28 2009, 9:50 PM GMT

Have you heard about how some Eastern European country are using The Las' There she Goes as their entry, for this year's competition?

It's on YouTube, yeah. Have they been banned?

Quote: Ben @ February 28 2009, 9:50 PM GMT

You don't want to know what I'd pay good money for you to do.

I'd pay good money to hear what you'd pay good money for him to do.

Quote: Seefacts @ February 28 2009, 9:47 PM GMT

Yeah, a definitive list would be nice. Some kind soul has upped some audio to YouTube of two of The La's most famous bootlegs 'The Crescent Tape' and 'The Kitchen Tape'. I'm ripping the audio and seeing what stuff I have and haven't got.

Because I'm sad.

Oh I've heard of The Kitchen Tape. The Crescent Tape isn't anything to do with that pesky band The Crescent, has it? I believe that Lee had something to do with them.

Ha!
That would have been awesome.

I just found The Crescent Tape on YouTube and I see it contains the mythical 'The Human Race' track. I must listen to this!