British Comedy Guide

What are you watching on TV? Page 734

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 26 2009, 3:42 PM GMT

I'd say it was just as popular as Spaced, or Black Books. Certainly viewing figures wise.

I don't think LOG is quite as well loved as those shows, except by a die hard few. I admire it, but Spaced and Black Books make me feel warm inside.

Quote: chipolata @ February 26 2009, 3:43 PM GMT

I don't think LOG is quite as well loved as those shows, except by a die hard few. I admire it, but Spaced and Black Books make me feel warm inside.

Well, they're warm shows, so they should do. I'm just saying the League pulled in the viewers, as opposed to being a barely watched cult. Which is why they did tours and a film.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 26 2009, 3:45 PM GMT

I'm just saying the League pulled in the viewers, as opposed to being a barely watched cult. Which is why they did tours and a film.

I'd still say LOG is more cultish than Spaced and Black Books, which seemed to have far greater crossover appeal.

More crossover appeal yes, but that wasn't what I was talking about. Just denying it was a little seen cult affair; because it wasn't. But of course something like Black Books has, at the very least, the potential to appeal to a wider audience.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 26 2009, 3:55 PM GMT

More crossover appeal yes, but that wasn't what I was talking about. Just denying it was a little seen cult affair; because it wasn't. But of course something like Black Books has, at the very least, the potential to appeal to a wider audience.

But Curt's Canadian, so perhaps abroad the humour translates badly and so it is a little seen cult affair. Just like Seinfeld here was a little seen cult affair despite being a monster smash in the states.

Quote: chipolata @ February 26 2009, 3:59 PM GMT

But Curt's Canadian, so perhaps abroad the humour translates badly and so it is a little seen cult affair. Just like Seinfeld here was a little seen cult affair despite being a monster smash in the states.

Yes, I would say so; but I wasn't saying it was a little seen cult affair in Canada, I was talking about here.

Spaced is more cult-y than LOG.

Quote: Aaron @ February 26 2009, 4:15 PM GMT

Spaced is more cult-y than LOG.

I disagree. The dark nature of LoG means that it will never appeal to that great a number of people. Spaced is a genuinely warm show. And the fact that Simon Pegg is now a pretty big star gives Spaced yet another hook. IMO.

Gar Glitter's also a pretty big star. But his 'crimes' are lesser.

I hear Gary Glitter once f**ked a kitten.

Like I said, his 'crimes' are lesser.

F**king kittens?! :O

That's not lesser than anything. :(

They died, you know...

Quote: zooo @ February 26 2009, 4:41 PM GMT

They died, you know...

But did they die with a smile on their face?

Can cats smile?

No they are soul less.