British Comedy Guide

What are you watching on TV? Page 733

:|

Quote: Gavin @ February 25 2009, 10:28 PM GMT

Tut.

looks likee one of the desperate house wives to me.

Laughing out loud

Father Ted and then The IT Crowd

JLU

Justice League Unlimited?

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Just finished watching tonight's episode of Lost. It was a good one.

I'm watching an episode of "I'm Alan Partridge" in the background while I finish this bloody essay that's due tomorrow morning at 8:30.
YOU MENTALIST! hahaha! :)

Sounds like you've been watching one of, if not the best Partridge episodes, with Alan's obsessed fan. I cried with laughter, when I first saw it, about 11 years ago. I always suspected that Partridge might not go down as well in Canada and America, as it does here, because it's so English, but obviously you like it.

Yea I tried showing it to my friends around here but they just didn't find it funny.
I guess you could use it as a meter of "How much do you love British Comedy"?

At the bottom would be easily loved sitcoms like Black Books and Blackadder half way up could be Alan Partridge and at the furthest spectrum could be League of Gentleman (which I still don't get).

Quote: Curt @ February 26 2009, 4:52 AM GMT

Yea I tried showing it to my friends around here but they just didn't find it funny.
I guess you could use it as a meter of "How much do you love British Comedy"?

At the bottom would be easily loved sitcoms like Black Books and Blackadder half way up could be Alan Partridge and at the furthest spectrum could be League of Gentleman (which I still don't get).

LOG is a bit surreal anyway and to be honest it has a minor cult status in the UK.

I loved Alan Partridge - first series was by far the best - just at the end where he's running into the fields Laughing out loud

Seinfeld - S03E01.

Quote: Paul W @ February 26 2009, 8:09 AM GMT

LOG is a bit surreal anyway and to be honest it has a minor cult status in the UK.

I'd say it was just as popular as Spaced, or Black Books. Certainly viewing figures wise.