British Comedy Guide
Please consider donating to help British Comedy Guide produce quality comedy coverage. Thank you. Find out more

Memorable TV lines

What are the best quotes you've heard from TV. They don't have to be funny, just something which you remember.

I'll start it off. Lost has alot of good ones.

Locke:Francine feels a little too much if you ask me. You all do. I mean, seriously...?So-and-so never called me back, my mother stole thirty dollars from me" - I never even knew who my parents *were*. A couple years ago my birth mother found me and she told me - I was 'special'. And through her I met my real father - great news, right? Well, he pretended to love me just long enough to steal my kidney because he had to have a transplant! And then he dropped me back in the world like a piece of trash just like he did on the day I was born. You want your damn thirty dollars back? I want my kidney back!

---

Ana-Lucia: They came the first night that we got here. They took three of us. Nothing happened for two weeks, then they came back. They took nine more. They're smart, and they're animals, and they could be anywhere at any time. Now we're moving through the jungle - their jungle - just so you can save your little hick friend over here. And if you think that one gun and one bullet is going to stop them - think again. So shut your mouth and keep moving.

--

Jack: It says quarantine on the inside of the hatch to keep you down here. To keep you scared. But you know what? We've been up there for over 40 days and no one's gotten sick. You think that this is the only part of it that's true? Do you ever think that maybe they put you down here to push a button every 100 minutes just to see if you would? That all of this, the computer, the button, it's just a mind game? An experiment?
Desmond: Every... single... day. And for all our sakes, I hope it's not real. But the film says this is an electromagnetic station. And I don't know about you, brother, but every time I walk past that concrete wall out there, my fillings hurt.

There are loads more, but too many to mention.

--

Also, the 24 classics

Jack Bauer: We're running out of time!

Jack Bauer: Dammit!

Jack Bauer: I'm gonna need a hacksaw.

There's only one Monopolies Commission. Think about it.

From The Prisoner:

Number 6: Where am I?
Number 2: In the Village.
Number 6: What do you want?
Number 2: We want information.
Number 6: Whose side are you on?
Number 2: That would be telling. We want information... information... information.
Number 6: You won't get it.
Number 2: By hook or by crook, we will.
Number 6: Who are you?
Number 2: The new Number 2.
Number 6: Who is Number 1?
Number 2: You are Number 6.
Number 6: I am not a number, I am a free man.

and i realise this is more of a scene, but it's still lovely:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=00zLKr3rHfI

The thin blue one.