British Comedy Guide

What are you watching on TV? Page 725

Sorry I meant, what has Tim Key been in?

Are they a double act then?

That site is truly ugly though.

Quote: Nil Putters @ February 12 2009, 10:27 PM GMT

Cowards

Quote: Nil Putters @ February 12 2009, 10:27 PM GMT

Are they a double act then?

That site is truly ugly though.

No, I know what you meant, I was just going off on a tangent! As usual.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ February 12 2009, 10:35 PM GMT

Cowards

Ah, cheers.

Quote: zooo @ February 12 2009, 10:37 PM GMT

No, I know what you meant, I was just going off on a tangent! As usual.

Laughing out loud

Cor. I like it when she goes off on a tangent.

Quote: zooo @ February 12 2009, 10:17 PM GMT

He's on everything at the moment!

Is he? :S

Quote: zooo @ February 12 2009, 10:24 PM GMT

http://www.alexhorne.com/

Oh my god, look at his site!
My eeeeeeeeeeeeeeyes!!

(Aaron, don't look)

Oh my...

Great to see the second series of the mighty Damages back on BBC1 last night. And nice to see William Hurt back on our screens. Also of note: the seventh and last series of The Shield starts on Five US tonight at ten. Along with The Wire, the best cop show of recent years.

Whitechapel conclusion tonight, I'm looking forward to it, but be warned as the Radio Times are saying it is a dissapointing conclusion. We'll just have to wait and see.

Don't pay attention to TV listings' commentary. It's almost always bollocks.

Like the Weatherforcast. Exactly, it is one opinion against thousands.

Quote: Jack Massey @ February 16 2009, 12:16 PM GMT

Whitechapel conclusion tonight, I'm looking forward to it, but be warned as the Radio Times are saying it is a dissapointing conclusion. We'll just have to wait and see.

Noooooooo Jack! I've loved it so far and will be severely hacked off if the last half hour is a major let-down...

I didn't see the conclusion as disappointing? One of only a few fairly plausible endings as far as I could see, without it descending into complete mumbo-jumbo?

Not a bad ending, but would have been nice for the Ripper to be caught. I personally think that the murderer drowning himself is pointing the finger at Montague John Druitt, an official Ripper suspect, who was found drown in the Thames in December of 1888, one month after the murder of Mary Kelly. I used to think that Druitt was Jack the Ripper, but I have recently dismissed this theory as he was of a high class and the style of the Ripper murders were likely to be of somebody of a man who had a tough working class upbringing.

Quote: Mick Green @ February 16 2009, 9:59 PM GMT

I didn't see the conclusion as disappointing? One of only a few fairly plausible endings as far as I could see, without it descending into complete mumbo-jumbo?

Agreed. I suppose it could have been a bit better (although I'll be buggered if I know how - like you say, not much else realistically left), but it certainly wasn't a disappointment.

Unless they mean that we actually knew who (well, roughly) the killer was at all...

Super Size VS Super Skinny.

It shocks me every time. :(

Ooh, I'll watch that. I haven't seen any of this series.