British Comedy Guide

Current radio comedy... Page 18

OK, I know I'm biased but I loved this weeks Count Arthur . . .

'That's not a real gorilla that Tarzan wrestles y'know? No. It's a monkey in a suit ! '

:D

David Mitchell was great on The News Quiz on Friday, especially his dismissal of bees as intelligent.

Quote: chipolata @ February 2 2009, 10:28 AM GMT

David Mitchell was great on The News Quiz on Friday, especially his dismissal of bees as intelligent.

He's amazingly good at panel shows isn't he!

Quote: Mark @ February 2 2009, 12:46 PM GMT

He's amazingly good at panel shows isn't he!

He is - effortlessly intelligent and funny. And yet no matter how many he does, and he does a lot, I never get sick of him.

Does anyone remember Spatz- loved that show.

My name is Rowland Anderson- most people should know that other than those who think I am called Sebastian.

Quote: Ronnie Anderson @ February 3 2009, 12:29 AM GMT

Does anyone remember Spatz- loved that show.

My name is Rowland Anderson- most people should know that other than those who think I am called Sebastian.

Yes, I think it is great. I believe a third series is on the cards.

I just wanted to say I really enjoyed yesterday's episode of The Castle... http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00h8ym4/

They were clearly having great fun with all the voices.

I remember listening to some while back called something like 24 scenes in 24 hours can't remember much else about it but I do remember thinking it was good. Wonder if that's coming back for another series.

Are you sure it wasn't 28 Acts In 28 Minutes?

Yeah I think that's what I was thinking of.

Quote: Ronnie Anderson @ February 8 2009, 10:37 AM GMT

I remember listening to some while back called something like 24 scenes in 24 hours can't remember much else about it but I do remember thinking it was good. Wonder if that's coming back for another series.

I think it was on not that long ago, but am not sure whether it was a repeat or not. I think there were only three episodes in the series.

http://www.radiolistings.co.uk/programmes/28_acts_in_28_minutes.html

Dan

I enjoyed "The Leicester Comedy Festival 2009" on BBC Radio 7 last night. Included some great performances, such as Count Arthur Strong and Hans Teeuwen.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ February 8 2009, 10:41 AM GMT

Are you sure it wasn't 28 Acts In 28 Minutes?

It was a gimmicky show that never really worked for me. Too much like being beaten up by a lot of comedians. Due to the format I could never really engage with any of them.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ September 2 2008, 11:06 AM BST

Didn't hear the Finnemore show, but he did write and star in the recent R4 sitcom 'Cabin Pressure'. That was a good show and I'd recommend a listen if it happens to be repeated soon, which I'm sure it will.

Good news. A repeat of Cabin Pressure has now been scheduled. Starting at the end of the month, it'll go out in the 6:30pm slot on Tuesdays.

In other radio comedy news, new series of the big hit sitcoms Clare In The Community and Old Harry's Game start next week.

And Safety Catch has a second series! Being recorded early March.

Dan