British Comedy Guide

What are you reading right now? Page 56

Quote: Nil Putters @ January 25 2009, 2:09 PM GMT

Just finished Batman: The Long Halloween, very good. It's been a while since I read any Batman. Next, Dark Victory.

I read the graphic novel of Arcam(sp) Asylum years and years ago.
Never realised Batman could be so f**king dark and eerie - before that all I'd seen was the 'kapow!', 'whaaaam!', 'Crunk!' TV series.

Quote: Moonstone @ January 25 2009, 2:14 PM GMT

Never realised Batman could be so f**king dark and eerie - before that all I'd seen was the 'kapow!', 'whaaaam!', 'Crunk!' TV series.

Arkham*
It's a pity that that's most peoples experience of Batman.

Quote: Moonstone @ January 25 2009, 2:14 PM GMT

LOL!

I am reading Angels by Marian Keyes

I read some of her books! When I was researching whether I could attempt to write womens fiction. (or chick lit as they annoyingly call it.)

And can you?

F**k knows.

Quote: zooo @ January 25 2009, 3:46 PM GMT

F**k knows.

Sure you can. Just say stuff like "she felt her flange slowly getting moist as he gently shoved his finger up".
And then in the end they can fall in love or summats.

:|

Quote: Moonstone @ January 25 2009, 3:50 PM GMT

Sure you can. Just say stuff like "she felt her flange slowly getting moist as he gently shoved his finger up".
And then in the end they can fall in love or summats.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

"Gig: The Life and Times of A Rock-Star Fantasist" by Simon Armitage.

Quote: oldcowgrazing @ January 25 2009, 11:20 AM GMT

As a kid I loved reading James Hadley Chase novels.

Thank you! I finally remembered the author's name. I did read some of his novels back in 1990s. The World In My Pocket was made in enormously popular film by Latvian filmmakers in 1980s. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0254913/)

Just finished Edward Lucas's book "The New Cold War". While somewhat overtly emotional in places, it boasts a decent factual material and good outsider's view on Russia... and might serve as an eye opener for some.

Quote: Griff @ January 25 2009, 11:17 AM GMT

I don't think I've read any John Le Carre. I haven't read many spy novels at all really. I like detective novels better. Except Agatha Christie ones which are all completely retarded.

If you like a detective story Griff apparently there is quite a good one published today. I'm off to Norwich now myself to buy a copy!

;)

I'm reading Dave Barry is from Mars and Venus... a collection of short "aricles" I guess. Easy for reading on the tube and sometimes pretty funny.

Re-reading Steve Martins 'Born Standing Up'. It's a brilliant, brilliant read.