British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 1,772

I'd prefer it if people sat on a leaning fence though. Have a BIT of an opinion, about what you feel to be likely. :)

Quote: zooo @ January 22 2009, 9:33 PM GMT

I'd prefer it if people sat on a leaning fence though. Have a BIT of an opinion, about what you feel to be likely. :)

Rain tomorrow I reckon.

Fence sitters will be the first against the wall when the revolution comes.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ January 22 2009, 9:32 PM GMT

Yes! Exactly! I argued this against a male "friend" who goes to debating with me, and he just rolled his eyes and looked unimpressed!

I dunno, I really don't see it as the same thing. I don't believe in a god, I think it's an odd sort of idea. Same with something like scientology, I think what they believe is silly; but it's not an actual opposing belief, I just think it's a silly concept.

Quote: roscoff @ January 22 2009, 9:34 PM GMT

Rain tomorrow I reckon.

I thank you for your cooperation. ;)

Exactly.

Quote: Gavin @ January 22 2009, 9:34 PM GMT

Fence sitters will be the first against the wall when the revolution comes.

Lock and load. Cool

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 22 2009, 9:35 PM GMT

I dunno, I really don't see it as the same thing. I don't believe in a god, I think it's an odd sort of idea. Same with something like scientology, I think what they believe is silly; but it's not an actual opposing belief, I just think it's a silly concept.

That's sort of what I try to explain, but I've never yet managed to do properly. No matter how hard I try.

I just think that it's one of those things like the political horseshoe. Just like theists are more or less totally opposed to really believing there is no God themselves, though accepting that some people are atheists; atheists in the real sense don't really think that there is a God though they acknowledge theism, imho. The amount of times I've heard people who say there is a God because "they just believe there is" have it argued against them "Well, there's just not", is ridiculous.

Well scientology may be correct. But I find it a bit disappointing that the supreme beings haven't evolved beyond being a bunch of celeb worshipping rip off merchants. Like an intergalactic version of agents really.

Sometimes a fence sitter's blind insistence on not having an opinion can be as bad as anyone else's blind faith.

Agreed, actually.

Quote: zooo @ January 22 2009, 9:39 PM GMT

Sometimes a fence sitter's blind insistence on not having an opinion can be as bad as anyone else's blind faith.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud
You guys have got me trussed up and in the boot of a car sat in the crushing yard. And deservedly so.
:)

Aww, I don't mean you specifically, Slag. :)

Ah, you know I don't take offence, Zooo, even if it were, which it wasn't, if you get my drift. I'm pretty hard to offend in any case.
:)

I know you all by now, not to read it the wrong way. :P

Quote: SlagA @ January 22 2009, 9:43 PM GMT

You guys have got me trussed up and in the boot of a car sat in the crushing yard.

Roll onto your side. I'll try and loosen your ropes a bit.