British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 1,767

Quote: roscoff @ January 22 2009, 6:48 PM GMT

If you read and not understand A Brief History of Time by that funny little man in the wheel chair as I did his conclusion did not rule out the presence of a supreme being. So there landlubbers.

Quote: Gavin @ January 22 2009, 6:52 PM GMT

No but he is more intelligent then pretty much everyone here combined. So I'd regard him as more of an authority on things.

But there can't be 'an authority' on this. It either hits you or it doesn't - no one person should be able to make your mind up for you. This goes WAY beyond science.

Quote: zooo @ January 22 2009, 6:52 PM GMT

Who, Aaron?

LOL!! ...Oh wait your serious.

No darling the brain machine Hawkins

I am so f**king confused.

:)

I thought we were talking bout Brief history of time? are we not?

Quote: Gavin @ January 22 2009, 6:56 PM GMT

I thought we were talking bout Brief history of time? are we not?

We are now, but the post you quoted totally suggested you meant Aaron.

I thought that didn't seem like you, Gav.

Quote: zooo @ January 22 2009, 6:56 PM GMT

Well the post you quoted totally suggested you meant Aaron.

I thought that didn't seem like you, Gav.

Oh whoops I meant to click Ros' one. :$ Butter fingers

...So crazy weather we're having right Whistling nnocently

Quote: zooo @ January 22 2009, 6:48 PM GMT

Well I speak when I'm spoken to!

I can be quite intolerant of the religious, yes.
But hellooo, Mr. intolerant of the French.

We all have our weaknesses. :)

Ah but you think people are thick because of religion. Whereas I ... Oh I can't be bothered.

Quote: Moonstone @ January 22 2009, 6:48 PM GMT

Oh! So sorry, I misunderstood! :$

Erm, yeah I'd say I'm tolerant. If people have genuinely found religion then really I feel pleased for them. As long as they're not extremists as far as I'm concerned it's a wonderful thing both for themselves and probably for everyone else.
I do believe in God, or 'a' God, so I can certainly understand that part.

Alright then, you're fine by me. :)

Why on Earth would you say they're thick?
Or is it a jokey pokey?

Quote: zooo @ January 22 2009, 6:52 PM GMT

Who, Aaron?

Yeah, right.

Quote: Moonstone @ January 22 2009, 6:54 PM GMT

But there can't be 'an authority' on this. It either hits you or it doesn't - no one person should be able to make your mind up for you. This goes WAY beyond science.

Disagree. What if someone cracks the universal theory and x is some kind of external entity. What if we turn out to be someone's idea of a failed experiment? If you take on string theory then there are an infinite number of parallel universes all with little Aaron's running around in them. Oh God!!!!! (If your out there and you exist) Who would have believed that fifty years ago never mind an idea that's been banded around for a millennia?

Quote: Moonstone @ January 22 2009, 7:03 PM GMT

Why on Earth would you say they're thick?
Or is it a jokey pokey?

*sigh*

I'm mostly joking, yes.

But it would be a lot easier if I pretended not to have my own opinion. So, yes all religious people are geniuses. Atheists are idiots.

Better? :)

Quote: zooo @ January 22 2009, 7:05 PM GMT

*sigh*

I'm mostly joking, yes.

But it would be a lot easier if I pretended not to have my own opinion. So, yes all religious people are geniuses. Atheists are idiots.

Insincerity detected! Switching to Smision.

Quote: zooo @ January 22 2009, 7:05 PM GMT

*sigh*

I'm mostly joking, yes.

Whaaaa..? :S

I think I hit a nerve there! Zooo I really was just wondering, nothing underlying honestly. <3

I'm just in a weird mood. :)
Ignore me.

Quote: zooo @ January 22 2009, 7:10 PM GMT

I'm just in a weird mood. :)
Ignore me.

Eh you what?

:P

But I can't ignore you, you are my leader! *bows*

Quote: roscoff @ January 22 2009, 7:04 PM GMT

Disagree. What if someone cracks the universal theory and x is some kind of external entity. What if we turn out to be someone's idea of a failed experiment? If you take on string theory then there are an infinite number of parallel universes all with little Aaron's running around in them. Oh God!!!!! (If your out there and you exist) Who would have believed that fifty years ago never mind an idea that's been banded around for a millennia?

Hmmm, matter of opinion I suppose. I personally don't think humanity will ever be able to fully crack the code of the universe - and CERTAINLY not be able to determine through scientific means whether there's a creator or not.