British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 1,763

Quote: DaButt @ January 22 2009, 4:48 PM GMT

"Change: Into one of us. Or else."

Prezunctly. What the f**k is this, McCarthyism? Mato seems to be promoting exactly exactly the kind of thing that the beloved Obama protests to be against.

I can't wait to start running again. I broke my ankle before Christmas and I've been going for physiotherapy to fix it. Going pretty good so far but I want to hit the guy every time he works on it.

Quote: Aaron @ January 22 2009, 4:47 PM GMT

I know that this was in a different thread, but I just had to highlight it as one of the most dangerous things I have ever read.

I think all she's saying is give change a chance. The fact is we're not entering a new golden age, but you've got to at least give them a chance. What is it, specifically, you don't like about Obama? I'm not buying the whole second coming thing either, but you seem to have a specific gripe.

Quote: Curt @ January 22 2009, 4:53 PM GMT

I can't wait to start running again. I broke my ankle before Christmas and I've been going for physiotherapy to fix it. Going pretty good so far but I want to hit the guy every time he works on it.

It's like me last Christmas. It's so painful hey! :(

Quote: EllieJP @ January 22 2009, 4:55 PM GMT

It's like me last Christmas. It's so painful hey! :(

Totally, and everyone thinks your being a suck about it. Like it's nothing to have to walk on a broken ankle. Zero sympathy. I got made fun of for using a cane by my friends. Angry

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 22 2009, 4:53 PM GMT

I think all she's saying is give change a chance. The fact is we're not entering a new golden age, but you've got to at least give them a chance. What is it, specifically, you don't like about Obama? I'm not buying the whole second coming thing either, but you seem to have a specific gripe.

I don't buy any of his propaganda. The US is too big and complex to make this big overnight change he's been promising, and his supporters grasping onto. That unquestioning love only makes me frustrated further that people are buying into it.

Some people hate religion, I hate Obama supporters. It's all a load of crap which the gullible accept unquestioningly.

IMO. :)

And I also find him personally to be one of the slimiest, most untrustworthy people I have ever seen. Even by a politician's standards.

Quote: Curt @ January 22 2009, 4:57 PM GMT

Totally, and everyone thinks your being a suck about it. Like it's nothing to have to walk on a broken ankle. Zero sympathy. I got made fun of for using a cane by my friends. Angry

I have a cane. It is awesome.

Quote: Aaron @ January 22 2009, 4:58 PM GMT

World of Warcraft items don't count Aaron.

What was it you discovered in the top recently? When you unscrewed it?

Some people hate religion, I hate Obama supporters. It's all a load of crap which the gullible accept unquestioningly.

Aw, so you agree that's what religion is at last. ;)

I don't buy any of his propaganda. The US is too big and complex to make this big overnight change he's been promising, and his supporters grasping onto.

Well, that's sort of his supporters fault. I think they projected this unreasonable ideal onto him and he, or more specifically the team managing him, grasped onto it and ran with it to help him get elected. Of course nothing radical will alter, but he could hardly do worse than the last bloke! Or could he? Errr

Quote: Curt @ January 22 2009, 4:59 PM GMT

World of Warcraft items don't count Aaron.

...?

Quote: Aaron @ January 22 2009, 2:25 PM GMT

Your tits are more than awesome enough. :)

Is that from Hamlet?

I don't buy any of his propaganda. The US is too big and complex to make this big overnight change he's been promising, and his supporters grasping onto. That unquestioning love only makes me frustrated further that people are buying into it.

IMO. :)

And I also find him personally to be one of the slimiest, most untrustworthy people I have ever seen. Even by a politician's standards.

Most do not expect overnight change. I do not see unquestioning love. Now that IS propaganda. So you hate people that support Obama......... very sad indeed. I do not hate either party supporters in any country. Then again I believe in freedom.

Some people hate religion, I hate Obama supporters.

I'll just rephrase/clarify this.

I don't hate the supporters themselves. I hate the unquestioning, unfaltering support and messianic status to which some propel him.

Quote: zooo @ January 22 2009, 5:00 PM GMT

What was it you discovered in the top recently? When you unscrewed it?

A compass.

Quote: zooo @ January 22 2009, 5:00 PM GMT

Aw, so you agree that's what religion is at last. ;)

Not quite the same though. Religion provides comfort and guidance, whatever the stories are which convey that.

Anyway.

Quote: Aaron @ January 22 2009, 5:06 PM GMT

I'll just rephrase/clarify this.

I don't hate the supporters themselves. I hate the unquestioning, unfaltering support and messianic status to which some propel him.

A compass.

Not quite the same though. Religion provides comfort and guidance, whatever the stories are which convey that.

Anyway.

Nothing wrong with hope. Sure beats the other.

It's all a load of crap which the gullible accept unquestioningly.

I might save that quote for my next discussion with DaButt and Sooty :P