British Comedy Guide

Hi BSGers I am back Page 4

Quote: chipolata @ January 22 2009, 1:22 PM GMT

Barbara Bush? She looks like she's got a hell of a grip.

She's a nice lady. The wimpiest handshake of all belonged to Al Gore. I felt like I wanted to wash my hands after it was all over.

Quote: DaButt @ January 22 2009, 1:51 PM GMT

She's a nice lady.

Only tempered by the fact she gave birth to the worst American president ever.

Obama came on wearing black leather gloves.

Had he taken them off before he shook your hand Dr. Mato??

Quote: chipolata @ January 22 2009, 1:55 PM GMT

Only tempered by the fact she gave birth to the worst American president ever.

Babs is Jimmy Carter's mother? :O

Quote: DaButt @ January 22 2009, 2:14 PM GMT

Babs is Jimmy Carter's mother? :O

Laughing out loud

(Although on a personal level, he seems a really nice guy.)

Quote: zooo @ January 22 2009, 2:07 PM GMT

Obama came on wearing black leather gloves.

How could you tell?

Black gloves have black palms, while Obama has white palms. On a similar subject, my granddad used to say that black people had light palms because they spent so much time trying to scrub themselves white.

Quote: Aaron @ January 22 2009, 2:20 PM GMT

How could you tell?

You can't have it both ways!
One minute he's literally black, the next he's not black enough!
:)

Quote: chipolata @ January 22 2009, 2:22 PM GMT

On a similar subject, my granddad used to say that black people had light palms because they spent so much time trying to scrub themselves white.

He sounds swell.

Quote: zooo @ January 22 2009, 2:23 PM GMT

He sounds swell.

He was. He intended no malice.

Quote: zooo @ January 22 2009, 2:23 PM GMT

You can't have it both ways!
One minute he's literally black, the next he's not black enough!
:)

Depends on the context, don't it?

He's a darnsight more black than I am. But he's not the big ol' blacky he is portrayed to be.

Quote: chipolata @ January 22 2009, 2:24 PM GMT

He was. He intended no malice.

Ohh, he was retarded?

*wonders how many winky smileys are required to make that non offensive* :/

Probably an infinite amount.

Quote: chipolata @ January 22 2009, 2:22 PM GMT

Black gloves have black palms, while Obama has white palms. On a similar subject, my granddad used to say that black people had light palms because they spent so much time trying to scrub themselves white.

A wise man.

In answer to many questions. I believe that the land called america has spoken. They voted in for change. Those who wish ill on a man who has barely served two days are part of the problem not the solution.

Dabutt,

I disagree with everything you wrote as far as Biden and such. Oh and I met McCain too, shook his hand and I liked him muchly.

I gathered with folks of every religion and race .......over a million and no one was ugly or harsh or negative. If you love your country Dabutt you would shush your negative thoughts against democracy and support the majority. The process republicans claim to be for.

Signed,
Dr Mato

The comments of white palms and black this are disgusting and immature. Do not forget here BSGers I am dark skinned and have lighter palms. I am a minority that has seen much and have witnessed much. If you are a racists say so. Playing games about it isn't funny.

In the land called america a person of minority has reached a level of president. It means that all are and can be equal which should be a betterment for all. It has softened the racial divide which in my opinion should be a beneficial thing for all.

Making fun is fun when its funny. Some of things written on this thread here are not.

I had the most humble and moving experience in DC. I felt for the first time in my adulthood as an equal. Equal to all in the eyes of all. All the negatives and all the racists words will never take that away from me or the millions who attended.

SO THERE!

I don't think there are any real racists here, don't worry.

Quote: Dr Mato @ January 22 2009, 3:18 PM GMT

The comments of white palms and black this are disgusting and immature. Do not forget here BSC'ers I am dark skinned and have lighter palms. I am a minority that has seen much and have witnessed much. If you are a racists say so. Playing games about it isn't funny.

I was merely repeating what my granddad said to me twenty odd years ago about white palms on black people. It was a different age and he, like a lot of that generation, had opinions that are offensive now. That doesn't mean he was a bad person, or that repeating them is racist. You're a nice girl, Dr Mato, but you need to loosen up a bit. :)