British Comedy Guide
Please consider donating to help British Comedy Guide produce quality comedy coverage. Thank you. Find out more

Current radio comedy... Page 15

Quote: swerytd @ December 23 2008, 4:30 PM GMT

Cheers Yacob. Mine was the 'Ambulance Chasers' advert sketch. The 'Have you been injured filming a commercial...'. The one where no-one laughs.

I laughed.

First time I have listened to Play & Record. To be honest I can't say I was impressed, but Dan and Yacob's sketches were the highspots.

Quote: chipolata @ December 23 2008, 4:44 PM GMT

I laughed.

Bloomin' hell! High praise indeed to make the chipster laugh ;)

Cheers both. That sketch was in Critique long in advance of sending it in to P&R and the advice I got was pretty much the same as Victoria Lloyd gave me.

Dan

I've just listened to another Act Your Age. How can you people like this? It's awful. The worst thing is that the format is encouraging all the panellists to be gag stealers. Shocking.

In other news, Count Arthur Strong's Radio Show! is back for a new series on 7th January. I can't wait!

Quote: Mark @ December 24 2008, 1:07 AM GMT

I've just listened to another Act Your Age. How can you people like this? It's awful. The worst thing is that the format is encouraging all the panellists to be gag stealers. Shocking.

In other news, Count Arthur Strong's Radio Show! is back for a new series on 7th January. I can't wait!

WOT?

A brand new series?

:P

Yay!

From Count Arthur's web site . . .

A fourth series of Count Arthur Strong's Radio Show!, again produced by Komedia Entertainment and Smooth Operations, is to be recorded in Winter 08 in Manchester, Bath and Brighton. One episode of the series was also recorded in Edinburgh during the Festival Fringe and Broadcast in August. Series 4 of Count Arthur Strong's Radio Show! will air from week 1 of January 2009 in the 11:30-noon slot on Wednesdays on BBC Radio 4.

Sometimes I wonder if there's any point in creating a guide to comedy if no one looks at it!

Just a friendly reminder, you can press the 'Comedy' tab at the top of any page to access a guide to every new comedy, including our guide to the start of series 4 of Count Arthur Strong, which has been on our website and 'coming soon' list for almost a month now.

Quote: Mark @ December 27 2008, 5:07 PM GMT

Sometimes I wonder if there's any point in creating a guide to comedy if no one looks at it!

Just a friendly reminder, you can press the 'Comedy' tab at the top of any page to access a guide to every new comedy, including our guide to the start of series 4 of Count Arthur Strong, which has been on our website and 'coming soon' list for almost a month now.

Well, now you've explained it we are all the wiser !

;)

Bah, no score on Play And Record for me this week. Maybe next week.

Yakob scored though! Which was yours, YW?

Cheers for noticing my name, Griff. Mine was the Enlightenment sketch. Hmm, they didn't use many sketches from non-performer writers on this episode, did they.

Any opinions on Play and Record Series 2 people?

P.S. Hopefully not yammering on too much about a show I've written for here.

Great to hear Just a Minute back on the radio, although it was a little disturbing. I'll never be able to listen to Charles Collingwood in the same way again.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ December 29 2008, 7:17 PM GMT

Great to hear Just a Minute back on the radio, although it was a little disturbing. I'll never be able to listen to Charles Collingwood in the same way again.

:D That was a funny bit. I also like the girl comics joke about getting men out of those wet clothes. Great to have it back.

Just listened to Count Arthur Strong and I'm afraid to say its popularity still mystifies me. It's a likeable enough show to pass the time with, but the comedy seems to derive almost totally from Arthur's verbal dyspraxia. There are no other dimensions to it.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ December 29 2008, 7:17 PM GMT

I couldn't agree more!!! I was driving when I listened to it - very dangerous when Charles was announcing that he stood around on street corners!