British Comedy Guide

The IT Crowd 3.0 Page 26

Mixed feelings about Ep5.

Loved how it started out, but although funny in parts, you felt like something "bigger" was about to happen ... and it didn't. The rest of the episode seemed to drag on.

Not the best episode by far in my opinion.

I can't lie, loved pretty much everything about this episode. It struck so true, though honestly, who actually meets up with old school friends because they friended each other on Facebook? Most of us know better than to do so.

All of Moss at the party is now my favourite Moss stuff, ever. The Joker stuff could've lead up to a funnier punchline but the finale with the trio caught in a fake love triangle and Moss' soap opera influenced acting was just so priceless I didn't really mind.

Quote: sanniberry @ December 20 2008, 10:21 AM GMT

It struck so true, though honestly, who actually meets up with old school friends because they friended each other on Facebook? Most of us know better than to do so.

You'd be surprised.

Quote: SivoxII @ December 20 2008, 4:05 AM GMT

Loved how it started out, but although funny in parts, you felt like something "bigger" was about to happen ... and it didn't. The rest of the episode seemed to drag on.

Not the best episode by far in my opinion.

Really? I'd say the only better episode was S02E01, The Work Outing.

Had given up on this, but caught the last ten minutes last night. It's probably better than what's out there but it's several levels below a good show. Have to echo what Godot said earlier about the writing. It's first draft stuff. The dialogue is so basic and lame you'd think it was thought up on the spot.

The crowd at the reunion tried to look interested, but I think even they were bored. Where's the clever, witty wordplay that makes an extra smile? You can't imagine any of them having a fit of giggles as the dialogue's not funny enough.

I found all the computer/social networking stuff really funny!

Especially them all talking on their laptops even though they were in the same room.

And Jen's dancing at the table was rather amusing too. :)

Quote: zooo @ December 20 2008, 2:54 PM GMT

I found all the computer/social networking stuff really funny!

Especially them all talking on their laptops even though they were in the same room.

And Jen's dancing at the table was rather amusing too. :)

Agreed. :)

I really enjoyed last night's episode. Roy's face when Moss slapped him was also priceless!

Hee!

I can actually see Moss as a pro tennis player.
It suits him.

Ha! Yes, that was a good idea.

"Where don't I play?"
"Wimbledon?"
"I don't play there."

Quote: Aaron @ December 20 2008, 11:35 AM GMT

Really? I'd say the only better episode was S02E01, The Work Outing.

I would say that the other episodes have been more original as this was an updated version of the old 'pretending to be someone better at a school reunion' premise, but they did it very well and got a good dig at social networks too.

Anyone fancy a Cuke?

Very good, though I could have done with more Berry, his role was very fleeting. 'Come on, be game!' It's almost like two slightly different shows at the moment; any episode that features Berry heavilly has a wilder, more cartoon feel.

Thought last night's episode was really funny, don't understand some people slagging this, simple comedy, simple stories and very funny, what sitcoms were all about I thought.

Quote: bighead65 @ December 20 2008, 4:14 PM GMT

Thought last night's episode was really funny, don't understand some people slagging this, simple comedy, simple stories and very funny, what sitcoms were all about I thought.

Didn't realise people were slagging it off, but almost any comedy will.

True, but I'm quick to defend the better ones cos there ain't many of them on telly.

Quote: bighead65 @ December 20 2008, 4:26 PM GMT

True, but I'm quick to defend the better ones cos there ain't many of them on telly.

I agree, although it's all down to taste at the end of the day. Cuke?

Agree to certain extent, but I think some comedies are obviously funny even if you don't like them, The IT Crowd is one of them.