British Comedy Guide

The IT Crowd 3.0 Page 25

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 17 2008, 3:47 PM GMT

it's picky people being picky.

Isn't that the nature of forums like this?

Quote: chipolata @ December 17 2008, 5:21 PM GMT

Isn't that the nature of forums like this?

To be picky? I wish it wasn't.

Quote: zooo @ December 17 2008, 3:40 PM GMT

I didn't think there was anything wrong with the Iran/Man thing until I read this thread.

'Cos there isn't. :)

Yeah, people are reading too much into this "Man/Iran" thing. It's supposed to be simple and overlooked, that's what makes it funny in my opinion.

Some parts of The IT Crowd are almost like "comedy in comedy" ... so it can sometimes appear so simple, so silly, so obvious, but in a lot of ways, that's what makes it work in my book, especially with the characters we have been blessed with in the show.

Keep it coming Roy, Moss, Jen and co.

Quote: SivoxII @ December 18 2008, 9:48 AM GMT

Yeah, people are reading too much into this "Man/Iran" thing.

I'm not sure anyone's reading anything into it, just pointing out that it was pretty weak, which it was. I guess people notice these things more when it's a bit feeble in an otherwise good episode.

I have just realised that the plot where Roy has no shirt on and is thrown out of the office is quite similar to the episode of Black Books where Bernard is locked out of the shop. As much as I like Black Books though, I think Roy losing his shirt is funnier, so maybe an idea improved on.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ December 13 2008, 1:09 AM GMT

Whilst I think that Linehan is probably the most complete sitcom writer in many ways, and series 1/Ep.1 is a masterclass in how to write a pilot, I'm really troubled by the constant flabbiness of the writing now. It's only 22 minutes long but there's still more filler than Simon Cowell's smile. Series 2 +3 would distill nicely to one perfect series. The man/Iran joke was super lame - worse than the 'Peter File' joke from last year - and the 'internet' joke is basically a retread of the 'break the internet joke' from last year. The performances are still stellar and the show is so loveable it seems churlish to criticise it - but I don't know why he didn't get some more writers in.

My view on last week's episode is pretty much exactly what Godot said.

http://www.friendface.co.uk/

(I thiiiiiiink that that's Thai.)

Laughing out loud

Hee, Moss's mum feels sensual.

The Joker!! Laughing out loud

Fabulous.

Are you seeded?

That's a bit of a personal question.

A top episode again tonight. I think it is fair to say this episode owes great debt to that Only Fools And Horses episode Go West Young Man where Del and Rodney pretend to be professional tennis players and Del's lack of tennis knowledge lets him down.

Quote: Aaron @ December 19 2008, 10:13 PM GMT

http://www.friendface.co.uk/

(I thiiiiiiink that that's Thai.)

Heh, heh!!!

:D :P Laughing out loud :D Laughing out loud Cool Rolling eyes Hug