British Comedy Guide

The IT Crowd 3.0 Page 21

FABULOUS episode, and a great guest appearance by Mr Linehan. Back on form. More geeky jokes please!

Very good; I'm liking how each episode slowly builds and sets everything up, so the pay offs in the second half are even bigger.

That was ace indeed.
I love Lucy Montgomery.

Ooh! And Moss dancing!!!!

:D Completely brilliant episode overall.

Quote: zooo @ December 12 2008, 10:39 PM GMT

I love Lucy Montgomery.

She is ace. And I loooved her hair. Although was it just me, or did it seem to get shorter after their initial meeting?

Oh not her now!

First Jen, now her.

Oh, what a great episode. The fight scene was immense.

"Put seatbelts on your ears because I'm taking you on the ride of your life." (or something along those lines)

Quote: Aaron @ December 12 2008, 10:45 PM GMT

She is ace. And I loooved her hair. Although was it just me, or did it seem to get shorter after their initial meeting?

I thought that too!

Like Father Ted there are always famous references. Where was the fight sequence from? It seemed to ring bells but I couldn't place it.

(Unless it was Peter Griffin & the chicken in Family Guy)

Quote: zooo @ December 12 2008, 10:52 PM GMT

Oh not her now!

First Jen, now her.

Eh?

Everyone going on about how Jen looks all different from one episode to the next.

When she doesn't.

BRILLIANT EPISODE! I giggled throughout it. And for the first time I thought the Douglas sub-plot was really funny too.

Quote: Aaron @ December 12 2008, 10:37 PM GMT

More geeky jokes please!

I felt they missed a good opportunity when Moss mentioned pretending Bill Gates had lots of gates. It was funny, but a geekier joke could have been funnier.

Very good show, not as good as it is mostly, but still extremely amusing and MUST WATCH TELEVISION. I missed Linehan. I enjoyed the 'internet' scenario, a similar thing happened in the last series when Jen gave a speech due to advice from Moss and Roy on the dangers of typing Google into Google.

Quote: zooo @ December 12 2008, 11:14 PM GMT

Everyone going on about how Jen looks all different from one episode to the next.

When she doesn't.

Ohhhh. Well it was only the hair! And you know how I notice these things.

Quote: Afinkawan @ December 11 2008, 8:14 PM GMT

Fair enough. I thought I'd heard or read somewhere that he'dsaid it was pronounced 'it' obviously I was wrong.

On the DVD commentary Linehan claims that he hoped the title would be pronounced both ways. He uses both when referring to the show but suggests that the industry was unhappy with that idea. C4 continuity announcements used 'IT' on the first series and 'I.T.' on the second and this one. If you think about it, it's actually a visual joke, so the show should ideally be pronounced 'The it crowd'.