British Comedy Guide

What are you watching on TV? Page 558

Quote: Nil Putters @ December 11 2008, 9:18 PM GMT

Buzzcocks. Loving this Josh bloke.

Yeah he came across as a thoroughly bloody good chap.

I feel like watching Seinfeld. Will someone be so kind and give a poor Leevil this Chrimbo the entire collection? I will be ever-so grateful!

:D

Get me one too. Thanks.

Yea me too...be sure its region 1 though ok?

Hey, get outta here, you dirty no good scroungers! Don't spoil my chances!

Region 1? Don't you have multi-region players over there? I suppose there's not need, being in the mighty Region 1.

Quote: Leevil @ December 12 2008, 1:00 AM GMT

Region 1? Don't you have multi-region players over there? I suppose there's not need, being in the mighty Region 1.

Anyone in the US/Canadadada who doesn't have a Philips DVD player is obviously on crack. They play DivX/XviD files via USB, CD or DVD and they can be made region-free with a simple remote control trick. At $50-70 I've purchased at least a dozen of them for friends and family members. How do you think I watch all those lovely UK comedies on my monster LCD television?

Now watching: My Name is Earl

Quote: DaButt @ December 12 2008, 1:31 AM GMT

Anyone in the US/Canadadada who doesn't have a Philips DVD player is obviously on crack. They play DivX/XviD files via USB, CD or DVD and they can be made region-free with a simple remote control trick. At $50-70 I've purchased at least a dozen of them for friends and family members. How do you think I watch all those lovely UK comedies on my monster LCD television?

Now watching: My Name is Earl

REEEEEEALLLY?!?!?! Do go on! Is there a specific model you would recommend? I screwed around with my old Koss DVD and made it multi-regional but now it screws up all the time. I could totally go for something like you are talking about!
p.s. I'm watching Earl too. Christmas special yay!

Mines not really multi-region, I also did the region x trick. I also have a DivX/Xvid player to watch all those lovely US comedies on.

Quote: Curt @ December 12 2008, 1:50 AM GMT

REEEEEEALLLY?!?!?! Do go on! Is there a specific model you would recommend?

The last one I bought was a DVP5982. It can be made region-free, plays PAL and NTSC, plays XviD/DivX, has HDMI and USB connections and upscales to HD. Not sure if there's a newer model, but just check around for a Philips player with the features you need. I think I bought mine at Best Buy or Target for $50-60.

Not sure which Earl character I like most: my namesake Randy or sexy Catalina. Rowr. When you take Crabman and Joy into account I think it has some of the best characters on American TV.

My favorite is Joy, she makes the show for me. She's hilarious.
Thanks for the DVD tip I'll go down to Best Buy this weekend.

Quote: Curt @ December 12 2008, 3:35 AM GMT

My favorite is Joy, she makes the show for me. She's hilarious.

And MILFtastic ... Whistling nnocently

Hell yea.

Aaron needs wants a new HDD-based DVD recorder.

The last Countdown with Carol Vorderman :(

Quote: Richard Wells @ December 12 2008, 4:00 PM GMT

The last Countdown with Carol Vorderman :(

Your last afternoon wank then Laughing out loud