British Comedy Guide

The IT Crowd 3.0 Page 18

I think all three episodes this series have taken a while to get going, but have all came together brilliantly in the end. This is easily the best show on TV at the moment. :D

Here Here!! Wave

Someone mentioned the Simpsons, and last nights episode was definitely in that territory. The Simpsons can do things you cannot get away with in a conventional comedy, and this series of the IT Crowd is close to becoming a live action cartoon. I am not sure whether that is entirely a good thing.

Quote: Timbo @ December 9 2008, 8:54 AM GMT

this series of the IT Crows is close to becoming a live action cartoon. I am not sure whether that is entirely a good thing.

I think it's a great thing!

Quote: Afinkawan @ December 8 2008, 10:07 AM GMT

Moss rebooting was one of the funniest things I have ever seen on this show. Genius!

I was a little upset that Moss runs Windows. Especially because of the linux-themed opening to the show. I guess the joke wouldn't have worked with linux boot up though!

Quote: Timbo @ December 9 2008, 8:54 AM GMT

Someone mentioned the Simpsons, and last nights episode was definitely in that territory. The Simpsons can do things you cannot get away with in a conventional comedy, and this series of the IT Crows is close to becoming a live action cartoon. I am not sure whether that is entirely a good thing.

I'm sure on the Big Train commentary that Linehan says how much of an influence The Simpsons are on him, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's sneaking in.

Linux themed opening? Not what I would have said it was, but alright. :)

The very end where the titles fail and replicate over the screen looks very linux-y to me over any other OS. Then again I could be wrong.

Reminds me of earlier versions of Windows, with elements of DOS and ... thingy. Old games consoles. 64 bit or something. I don't play games so I don't know. :)

It makes me think of 1980s games and stuff.

It's probably a collection of everything throughout the titles. I know that the menus of the first season were based on old games. The whole of the titles remind me of old games. I wasn't much of a gamer as a kid so I don't know if the old consoles fail in the same way, it's just the final bit that reminds me of blue screen of death - but linux-y!

*shrugs*

Quote: Aaron @ December 9 2008, 9:18 PM GMT

64 bit or something.

Commodore C64.

Quote: Leevil @ December 10 2008, 1:12 AM GMT

Commodore C64.

It's just Commodore 64.

Well where did I get C64 from? Hmmm...

Quote: Leevil @ December 10 2008, 2:33 PM GMT

Well where did I get C64 from? Hmmm...

C = Commodore.

It's Commodore 64 or C64. Not both. What next - PIN Number? LCD display?