British Comedy Guide

The IT Crowd 3.0 Page 17

Quote: Pripyat @ December 6 2008, 12:46 PM GMT

Terrible, outrageous slur in this episode:

The "Have you heard of a band called Guided By Voices....?" scene.

Having tried convincing my other half over the last nine years that I'm not actually a massive nerd, she glanced over at my complete collection of Guided By Voices albums (alphabetical order, naturally) and gave me a knowing grin.....

Linehan, you bastard...

Laughing out loud

Just watched it; I thought it was brilliant, the best of this series so far!

I wonder if it's on Catchup yet...

It was on Catchup!

An amusing episode, but the first one in a long time not to make me scream out in laughter. I thought the 'multi faith tour' was perhaps pushing the silly angle a step too far as well.

Quote: Ben @ December 6 2008, 11:37 PM GMT

It was on Catchup!

An amusing episode, but the first one in a long time not to make me scream out in laughter. I thought the 'multi faith tour' was perhaps pushing the silly angle a step too far as well.

The whole 'Roy-topless-turns-into-tramp' really had me laughing hard! And pushing the silly angle too far? Push it further! The whole show is supposed to be silly! And surely not sillier than electrical sex pants, anyway?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 6 2008, 11:40 PM GMT

And pushing the silly angle too far? Push it further!

It was a bit too "sixth former" for me.

Quote: Ben @ December 6 2008, 11:42 PM GMT

It was a bit too "sixth former" for me.

Oh christ Ben, not that 'sixth former', 'studenty' thing! Silly doesn't mean studenty! Was Father Ted 'sixth former-ish'? No-ee-no-no!

I was only winding you up, Matt.

I just think that completely non-sensical stuff ruins it. If there had been a valid reason for a multi faith tour then I wouldn't have complained. The electric sex pants were silly, but there was a reason for them to exist.

Quote: Ben @ December 6 2008, 11:47 PM GMT

I was only winding you up, Matt.

You minx.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 6 2008, 11:40 PM GMT

The whole 'Roy-topless-turns-into-tramp' really had me laughing hard! And pushing the silly angle too far? Push it further! The whole show is supposed to be silly! And surely not sillier than electrical sex pants, anyway?

I know Linehan has directly mentioned being influenced by The Simpsons, so going from having coffee thrown on his T-Shirt to sleeping in a cardboard box in the space of 2 hours does seem familiar (from older "good" Simpsons).

Moss rebooting was one of the funniest things I have ever seen on this show. Genius!

I loved the whole Roy ending up on the streets thing. And the electric sex pants. and Jen not knowing what IT stood for.

At a guess, the multi-faith tour thing may have been mentioned earlier but in a scene that got cut? I know things like that happen every so often.

I don't think so tbh. I think it was supposed to be random, which for me was what was funny about it. I think he took the old cliche of characters being caught in an innocent yet dodgy-looking situation and gave it a little twist. I think it would have been too obvious and, as I say, 'cliched', if he'd set up the visit first.

Well, I shall just add my voice to any who've felt it to be the best of this series so far.

Quote: Moonstone @ December 8 2008, 1:20 PM GMT

I don't think so tbh. I think it was supposed to be random, which for me was what was funny about it.

Agree.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ December 8 2008, 1:32 PM GMT

Well, I shall just add my voice to any who've felt it to be the best of this series so far.

Agree 2.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 8 2008, 1:33 PM GMT

Agree 2.

The Quickening.