British Comedy Guide

I did the crime but not the time. Page 3

I hope they save Woolies. It's one of the few high street shops to have any character. Britain will be a poorer place without it.

Quote: chipolata @ December 5 2008, 9:51 AM GMT

I hope they save Woolies. It's one of the few high street shops to have any character. Britain will be a poorer place without it.

I used to like it as kid, but it seems a fairly pointless shop now. They have a little bit of everything, but nothing you can't buy elsewhere for less. Same with WHSmiths.

Quote: Ben @ December 5 2008, 9:54 AM GMT

I used to like it as kid, but it seems a fairly pointless shop now. They have a little bit of everything, but nothing you can't buy elsewhere for less. Same with WHSmiths.

You can't get Pick n Mix sweets in very many places. And who doesn't love a chewy cola bottle?

Quote: chipolata @ December 5 2008, 9:51 AM GMT

Me too. To heck with saving the whales and the planet all we need is woolies. Angelic

The Woolworths branch in the Elephant and Castle was a crime that should have doen time years ago. Sorry.

Quote: Huge Bear @ December 5 2008, 10:37 AM GMT

Elephant and Castle was a crime that should have doen time years ago.

Quote: chipolata @ December 5 2008, 10:38 AM GMT

Elephant and Castle was a crime that should have doen time years ago.

Laughing out loud I haven't been in there for at least fifteen years and Woolworths was dire even then. In summer your shoes used to stick to the floor.

Quote: Lee Henman @ December 4 2008, 4:11 PM GMT

Oh there was one time a lot of years ago that I saw two drunk guys following a blind lady and throwing stones at her guide dog. I saw red and hit them both, knocking one of them out. But I was young and an idiot then.

If your older, idiotic self wanted to come to the defence of poor, blind lady and clobber two punks hurling stones at her dog I'd understand!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 5 2008, 9:49 AM GMT

I did actually steal a book from there once as a kid, how did you know? Do you have psychic abilities?!

Haha not quite, i think everyone has done it at one stage or another, it's part of growing up, although i only got caught eating the pick and mix.

When we were little, my best friend stole a basketball hanging outside a sports shop, she stuffed it up her jumper and we screamed with laughter, running around a corner, straight into a policeman. :(

You could fill a small bag of Pic n Mix then wander through the store eating it discreetly for free. CCTV cameras put a stop to that!

Quote: Ned1984 @ December 5 2008, 11:26 AM GMT

Haha not quite, i think everyone has done it at one stage or another, it's part of growing up, although i only got caught eating the pick and mix.

Capitals please Ned.

Quote: zooo @ December 5 2008, 11:29 AM GMT

When we were little, my best friend stole a basketball hanging outside a sports shop, she stuffed it up her jumper and we screamed with laughter, running around a corner, straight into a policeman. :(

:O Naughty!

It wasn't meeee!

Anyway, he just said 'calm down girls' and sent us on our way.

Did he have a jolly laugh, and a cone hat?

Quote: zooo @ December 5 2008, 11:29 AM GMT

Were you a proto chav, zooo?