British Comedy Guide

What are you watching on TV? Page 528

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ November 27 2008, 6:33 PM GMT

Why they're orange and not light blue this time. Their away kit isn't even orange, so I'm told it's one of the two "spares", the other of which is black.

Also the more kits the more merchandise.

Quote: DaButt @ November 27 2008, 6:35 PM GMT

I, too, am watching football, but I presume you're not watching the traditional Detroit Lions Thanksgiving game. With my parents hailing from Michigan, I can't remember a Thanksgiving without the Lions game on the television.

I just finished watching the first episode of Survivors. Not bad, so far.

I'm watching Manchester City, because of my dad "never saying die".

Quote: DaButt @ November 27 2008, 6:25 PM GMT

Facts are facts and it's a fact that just about every word uttered at the White House is recorded for the public record. I once bumped into Al Gore at an ice cream parlor and his faithful minions recorded every last detail, including the time of his arrival and his choice of flavor.

What proof do you have that your piece was presented at the White House as you have claimed? Not trying to cause a fuss, but it almost smells like those chain letters that are passed along as truth and wind up on snopes.com.

"Not trying to cause a fuss", yes you are. I know 100% for a fact that reading did take place in 2007. Do I have a internet link to the fact.......no. However, needless to say if I provided one you would try to debunk that too.

It is not a chain email and I am rather bored discussing it with you.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ November 27 2008, 6:36 PM GMT

I'm watching Manchester City, because of my dad "never saying die".

I would die if I were to say anything bad about the Lions. Likewise for the Dallas Cowboys. The rest of my family is celebrating at my brother's house in North Carolina and his wife is a massive Cowboys fan. I wish I were there to feast on my mother's desserts and see my new niece. :(

Okaaaayy, well, I decree as editor that Thanksgiving is a bit poo, so there shall be no more speak of it thank you. :)

(Or at least not of its origins and values.)

Quote: Dr Mato @ November 27 2008, 6:39 PM GMT

However, needless to say if I provided one you would try to debunk that too.

You know what they say about what happens when you assume ...

I was just looking for more information and context for your post. Maybe it was read outside the White House gates and not as an official event?

PaedoEnders. Ewwww

Was just watching Catastrophe with Tony Robinson. The bit where Theo collided with baby Earth looked absolutely fecking awesome.

?

LMAO!
Yup, that's how scientists think the Earth began!

Quote: DaButt @ November 27 2008, 6:35 PM GMT

I, too, am watching football, but I presume you're not watching the traditional Detroit Lions Thanksgiving game. With my parents hailing from Michigan, I can't remember a Thanksgiving without the Lions game on the television.

That's not football. That's running around carryinmg the ball - and most of involves hands so why the f**k do they call it football?

Quote: DaButt @ November 27 2008, 6:40 PM GMT

His wife is a massive Cowboys fan.

Is that like in a Brokeback Mountain way?

Isn't rugby called rugby football though? Or summats.

Quote: Moonstone @ November 27 2008, 8:53 PM GMT

Isn't rugby called rugby football though? Or summats.

Same thing applies. F**king idiots.

Who knows? I've yet to see any rugs in rugby or crickets in cricket.

Quote: David Chapman @ November 27 2008, 8:53 PM GMT

Is that like in a Brokeback Mountain way?

That would be my other brother. He's married, but not to a wife.

I've seen a lot of helmets in American Football.