Well, most people do I reckon! :)

Ageist. No wonder Alan C left.

But Chapman's still here!

Quote: zooo @ November 27 2008, 4:37 PM GMT

But Chapman's still here!

You need to redouble you efforts then!

Quote: DaButt @ November 27 2008, 4:24 PM GMT

The truth of Thanksgiving:

It is a harvest festival and has nothing to do with genocide - unless you want it to. Feel free to dissect every other holiday known to mankind and use them for whatever purpose you'd like, but realize you're saying more about yourself than you are about the holidays and they people who observe them.

The glory of this communication is all should look as they desire. Many have truths and many have romantic truths. Either way it should not reflect in bad ways to share truths. I know that it bothers many americans to have mystical versions shaken.

However, it shows me in no light than sharing something read at the White House about Thanksgiving. They ACCEPTED it. Maybe it will trickle down to the mass. Pleased

Oh and it is Finland today. Cool

Quote: Dr Mato @ November 27 2008, 4:50 PM GMT

However, it shows me in no light than sharing something read at the White House about Thanksgiving. They excepted it.

I think you mean "accepted". To "except", although not correct English anyway, would be to reject it. :)

Quote: Aaron @ November 27 2008, 4:54 PM GMT

I think you mean "accepted". To "except", although not correct English anyway, would be to reject it. :)

Okay.......accepted.......thank you..should I fix it in the post?

Up to you!

Quote: Dr Mato @ November 27 2008, 4:50 PM GMT

However, it shows me in no light than sharing something read at the White House about Thanksgiving. They ACCEPTED it.

I think your average American is familiar with the history of Native Americans and that there was treachery on all sides. (Note that I did not say "both" sides, as there were many nations and groups of people involved.) So we can decide to call the day "Thankskilling - a holiday devoted to genocide" or we can all enjoy the company of our loved ones and contemplate the many, many things for which we are thankful.

P.S. I Googled your piece about Thanksgiving and came up with a total of 4 hits. Two are MySpace pages, one is a comment to a blog post and the fourth (and seemingly original) post is on a website which "was formed in 1993 as a nation wide grass roots movement to bring about a federal national holiday for Native Americans." I see no mention of a presentation at the White House. Maybe my Google Fu is weak ...

Quote: DaButt @ November 27 2008, 5:49 PM GMT

I think your average American is familiar with the history of Native Americans and that there was treachery on all sides. (Note that I did not say "both" sides, as there were many nations and groups of people involved.) So we can decide to call the day "Thankskilling - a holiday devoted to genocide" or we can all enjoy the company of our loved ones and contemplate the many, many things for which we are thankful.

P.S. I Googled your piece about Thanksgiving and came up with a total of 4 hits. Two are MySpace pages, one is a comment to a blog post and the fourth (and seemingly original) post is on a website which "was formed in 1993 as a nation wide grass roots movement to bring about a federal national holiday for Native Americans." I see no mention of a presentation at the White House. Maybe my Google Fu is weak ...

I do not understand why you have such a problem with others views?

Maybe Google was not there at the White House. I hope you do not limit yourself to the internet for all your facts to spout about?
Let me see, I just turned a corner........ better Google it and see if it is true. Smarmy

Quote: Dr Mato @ November 27 2008, 6:13 PM GMT

Maybe Google was not there at the White House. I hope you do not limit yourself to the internet for all your facts to spout about?

Facts are facts and it's a fact that just about every word uttered at the White House is recorded for the public record. I once bumped into Al Gore at an ice cream parlor and his faithful minions recorded every last detail, including the time of his arrival and his choice of flavor.

What proof do you have that your piece was presented at the White House as you have claimed? Not trying to cause a fuss, but it almost smells like those chain letters that are passed along as truth and wind up on snopes.com.

I'm watching anything but Hollyoaks.

I am watching football, and being a girl by asking about the orange kits.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ November 27 2008, 6:31 PM GMT

Why they're orange? or who is inside them?

Why they're orange and not light blue this time. Their away kit isn't even orange, so I'm told it's one of the two "spares", the other of which is black.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ November 27 2008, 6:31 PM GMT

I, too, am watching football, but I presume you're not watching the traditional Detroit Lions Thanksgiving game. With my parents hailing from Michigan, I can't remember a Thanksgiving without the Lions game on the television.

I just finished watching the first episode of Survivors. Not bad, so far.