British Comedy Guide

How many of you have full time/part time jobs? Page 16

God knows, lol. I wrote it when I was about 20!

A wicked sorcerer or something of the sort I should imagine.

:)

Quote: Marc P @ November 25 2008, 2:01 PM GMT

God knows, lol. I wrote it when I was about 20!

Wow, that long ago eh? :D

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 25 2008, 2:11 PM GMT

Wow, that long ago eh? :D

In a time before imagining when dragons walked the land and women knew their place.

:)

Quote: deian @ November 25 2008, 11:06 AM GMT

I work part-time but am finding it harder to make time for writing now that I am.

If you'd said you work full-time I could have some sympathy. I work full-time and manage to turn out some stuff - plus write rubbish on here.

I don't work at the moment (I have 7 days work booked for Jan!) but I don't consider myself a writer either. I am taking time out to concentrate on the writing whilst I am young and have no responsibilties. The plan is to give myself another six months of concentrating on the writing and trying to learn the basics to the craft and then I will hopefully get a job I love and spend my spare time writing-perhaps a little hopeful!

Quote: Aaron @ November 25 2008, 9:31 AM GMT

Frankie, you often go out of your way to state that you hate and never watch television. So why do you visit a site primarily focussed on British TV comedy?

Because I was invited to the site by a BSG moderator and because it has threads of general interest to comedy writers. If I hadn't been invited and if it didn't have other comedy writers posting, I would only visit occasionally for reference purposes.

Incidentally, as this thread is a writers discussion thread, why do you as a non-writer post in a thread primarily focussed at writers?

Answers on a postcard?

Quote: Dr Mato @ November 25 2008, 11:11 AM GMT

You live in a cave for a year or so and let us know how it goes. Wave

I want my TV, Puter and take out delivery.
:D

And your couch? :)

Quote: David Bussell @ November 25 2008, 10:37 AM GMT

For the warm-hearted moderators?

Everything in moderation..

Quote: Dr Mato @ November 23 2008, 12:42 PM GMT

Is it a fun job? What kind of news do they send you on.

Yeah its great for material! I do everything from coffee mornings to football reports.

Meet so many wierd characters. It's given me enough ideas for my next sitcom pilot.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ November 25 2008, 9:23 PM GMT

Incidentally, as this thread is a writers discussion thread, why do you as a non-writer post in a thread primarily focussed at writers?

See that, in my signature? Editor. It's not just there for shits and giggles.

Prezunctly.

Quote: Aaron @ November 25 2008, 9:44 PM GMT

See that, in my signature? Editor. It's not just there for shits and giggles.

mmm ;)

Anyway, I am getting a telly. So I shall be watching more current comedy in due course. Rest assured I'll keep you 'posted'. You'll be pleased to know that, I'm sure! :)

I still admire you Frankie :)

Quote: Marc P @ November 25 2008, 10:10 PM GMT

I still admire you Frankie :)

Laughing out loud

Quote: David Chapman @ November 25 2008, 3:18 PM GMT

If you'd said you work full-time I could have some sympathy. I work full-time and manage to turn out some stuff - plus write rubbish on here.

maybe. but that part time is two jobs worth as well as various other activities including am-dram acting and stand up. I still write but it has slowed considerably.

Quote: deian @ November 27 2008, 11:26 PM GMT

maybe. but that part time is two jobs worth as well as various other activities including am-dram acting and stand up. I still write but it has slowed considerably.

I'll let you off then. Have you tried writing left-handed?

Wanking left handed is good, it half seems like someone else is doing it! :$