British Comedy Guide

How many of you have full time/part time jobs? Page 14

I'm one of the unfortunates who graduated from uni this year. After years of being told "You'll have the world at your feet!", I'm afraid all I've got are the job pages. Which have f**k all in by the way. But the plan is to get a full time job to keep me going while I plod along with the writing.

They meant literally. We all have. While I was walking about (with The World at my feet) they said I might as well empty a few bins..

Quote: zooo @ November 24 2008, 2:20 PM GMT

Anyway. Doctor Who geeks are much cooler than Gaming geeks.

Correct.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ November 24 2008, 8:40 PM GMT

They meant literally. We all have. While I was walking about (with The World at my feet) they said I might as well empty a few bins..

Aah, I took their English Lit. mumbo jumbo for granted - never thought of their literal subtext. Bastards.

Quote: Jo Eden @ November 24 2008, 9:04 PM GMT

Aah, I took their English Lit. mumbo jumbo for granted - never thought of their literal subtext. Bastards.

Sorry? You took an Eng Lit degree and you thought you would have the world at your feet??

I took English Lit - doesn't that explain my stupidity?!

Degrees and jobs are a silly idea anyway.

It would be better to live in a cave and off the land.

I had kids early - that is at a young age - or rather my wife did - so had to get a steady job. So I've been there 30 years! I have to fit the writing around it unfortunately until I make a success of the writing.

And surprise, surprise I've still got a full time job even though I tend to doze off at about 3.30 in the afternoon.

30 years is just a drop in the ocean of time.

Ars longa..., old chap!

Quote: Frankie Rage @ November 24 2008, 11:01 PM GMT

Degrees and jobs are a silly idea anyway.

It would be better to live in a cave and off the land.

*voms*

No TV, no theatres, no books. Sounds vile. :)

^ Very true. I wouldn't sleep at night if I didn't know the definition of a fabliau....

Laughing out loud

My fault, I tend to mumble.

To steal a phrase from zooo: *voms*

Quote: zooo @ November 24 2008, 11:18 PM GMT

*voms*

No TV, no theatres, no books. Sounds vile. :)

No TV would be grand. Theatre could still be done 'in the round'. Books? Wouldn't need 'em. Tell your story around the fire at night.

You'd love it. :)