British Comedy Guide

How many of you have full time/part time jobs? Page 13

I've made about 3 dollars from comedy but I only get paid when it gets up to a 100 dollars. If I extrapolate this out then it's beers on me in 2073! Woohoo!

Quote: ShoePie @ November 23 2008, 3:12 PM GMT

I've made about 3 dollars from comedy but I only get paid when it gets up to a 100 dollars. If I extrapolate this out then it's beers on me in 2073! Woohoo!

Are you also signed up with Zhura?

Quote: sootyj @ November 23 2008, 3:14 PM GMT

Are you also signed up with Zhura?

Nope, not seen that site before. I'm just on the video sharing sites like Metacafe.

I get 79p for every track I sell on amazingtunes.com so for every notional 'album' I trouser £7.90 it's a lucrative little earner..

Except for the fact that nobody hasn't bought no tracks.. :(

Because of an Inland Revenue enquiry I recently saw a grand total of exactly how much I've earned since I started writing gags for greetings cards in 1995. It made me feel physically sick - I actually did feel nauseous thinking "Where's it all gone?" I'm so crap with money, really. Thank God I married someone who takes care of that side of things now.

TV-wise, I've been paid the life-changing sum of £2500 since 2006. Not exactly enough to retire on but it's a start I suppose.

Quote: Lee Henman @ November 23 2008, 8:15 PM GMT

TV-wise, I've been paid the life-changing sum of £2500 since 2006. Not exactly enough to retire on but it's a start I suppose.

I've seen you in a skirt and a red beret and frankly I am not surprised at that figure!

Quote: Lee Henman @ November 22 2008, 12:08 PM GMT

How is that Fallout 3 Bussell?

If you're the sort of person who enjoyed Oblivion and thinks nothing of spending hours at a time perfectly calibrating an inventory screen so as to maintain the optimum encumberance to lethality ratio, then Fallout 3 is the game for you. I've already sunk 20 hours into the f**ker.

Geek. *snigger*

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 24 2008, 1:05 PM GMT

Geek. *snigger*

Get back in your Tardis, Stott.

Quote: David Bussell @ November 24 2008, 1:09 PM GMT

Get back in your Tardis, Stott.

That's just mean.

Yeah, it's spelled TARDIS.

Anyway. Doctor Who geeks are much cooler than Gaming geeks.

At least, that's what my mum told me.

Quote: David Bussell @ November 24 2008, 12:55 PM GMT

If you're the sort of person who enjoyed Oblivion and thinks nothing of spending hours at a time perfectly calibrating an inventory screen so as to maintain the optimum encumberance to lethality ratio, then Fallout 3 is the game for you. I've already sunk 20 hours into the f**ker.

I bought Oblivion and took it back the next day. Beautiful but boring.

I think I'll go for Gears 2.

Quote: Lee Henman @ November 24 2008, 3:34 PM GMT

I bought Oblivion and took it back the next day. Beautiful but boring.

A wise choice if you wish to maintain any semblance of a social life. Fallout 3 has given me an aversion to sunshine and worn my thumbs down to palsied nubs.

Quote: zooo @ November 24 2008, 2:20 PM GMT

Anyway. Doctor Who geeks are much cooler than Gaming geeks.

At least, that's what my mum told me.

Doctor Who is a TV programme, so that's automatically cooler. Your mum knows all.

Quote: Lee Henman @ November 24 2008, 3:34 PM GMT

Just ordered mine! Completed Gears 1 with playing co-op with my 5 year old....he's 8 now so we should kick arse!