British Comedy Guide

How many of you have full time/part time jobs? Page 12

I hope augment means something dirty.

Quote: Marc P @ November 22 2008, 11:17 PM GMT

Yes.

Tomorrow, but I might need Mr Bandage to augment me! :)

Thieves end up in prison and bays. Pirate

Quote: zooo @ November 22 2008, 11:26 PM GMT

I hope augment means something dirty.

Enlarge, expand, etc.

I've got three, count em... THREE part time jobs. I mainly work in a little village bakery, plus I'm a woman wot does for a tres eccentric lady once a week, and I invigilate exams for a local college. These activities not only make me money, but they provide me with lots of material, and keep my feet firmly planted on the ground.

And I get free cakes.

Quote: Stylo @ November 22 2008, 11:58 PM GMT

I'm a woman wot does for a tres eccentric lady once a week

... I hope that doesn't mean what I think it means.

Depends... if you think I'm scrubbing the four shitty toilets in her massive house, you'd be spot on.

(please don't euphemise that Aaron... you'll start to worry me in a 'Carry On Cleaning' kind of way)

Ah, well it's better (possibly) than what I thought it might be then!

Yeah, I work full time (and more..) and have to shoe-horn the creative stuff in where I can..

Fx

I work full time as a warehouse manager. Its not that nice. I thought I might go into health and safety to get a little excitement into my life.

I work as a reporter for a local paper so get to write for a living in a way. Also it helps to keep up to date with the news stories!

Quote: Tom G @ November 23 2008, 11:43 AM GMT

I work as a reporter for a local paper so get to write for a living in a way. Also it helps to keep up to date with the news stories!

Is it a fun job? What kind of news do they send you on.

I did a work placement at my local paper.

I went to a town hall meeting where an angry man suggested killing dogs with bare hands.

As to prevent them weeing on models boats.

Quote: sootyj @ November 23 2008, 12:49 PM GMT

I did a work placement at my local paper.

I went to a town hall meeting where an angry man suggested killing dogs with bare hands.

As to prevent them weeing on models boats.

:D

It was a lot of fun.

I got to play with the town's new surveilance cameras and got to pretend to be Big Brother.

I've made £11.21 from comedy writing but I never banked the cheque so technically I've made zip. I'm due about $150 for a humourous article on home working but I'll believe it when I see it. It was promised in the summer and then by the end of November - we'll see if it materialises.