British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 1,634

Lowest I've seen is 89p. That's the lowest for about 3 years.

Quote: DaButt @ November 21 2008, 1:25 PM GMT

What's the price of gasoline/petrol where you live? The price here is down to $1.68/gallon. If I calculated correctly, that's 29.6 pence/liter and .352 Euro/liter. Of course it won't last, but the thought of Putin and Chavez and various regimes in the middle east crying in their vodka, coffee and tea makes me smile just a little bit.

these are London pricings apparently.

The Highest price in this area: 97.9p
The Average price in this area: 94.3p
The Lowest price in this area: 90.9p

Seem a little low.

I filled the car up last night and it was 90.9p.

Quote: Seefacts @ November 21 2008, 1:32 PM GMT

Lowest I've seen is 89p. That's the lowest for about 3 years.

89p!!

I bought £15 today and it was 90.9p a litre.

Quote: DaButt @ November 21 2008, 1:25 PM GMT

What's the price of gasoline/petrol where you live? The price here is down to $1.68/gallon. If I calculated correctly, that's 29.6 pence/liter and .352 Euro/liter. Of course it won't last, but the thought of Putin and Chavez and various regimes in the middle east crying in their vodka, coffee and tea makes me smile just a little bit.

God imagine 29p a litre fuel, I'd literally drive to work in second gear just to waste more petrol.

DaButt, is it true you all have automatic cars out there? And not many people drive "Stick"

Quote: Paul W @ November 21 2008, 1:41 PM GMT

89p!!

I bought £15 today and it was 90.9p a litre.

God imagine 29p a litre fuel, I'd literally drive to work in second gear just to waste more petrol.

DaButt, is it true you all have automatic cars out there? And not many people drive "Stick"

29p, I'd slosh the petrol around the forecourt at that price.

At $1.68/gallon I think it's almost as cheap as bottled water.

Manual transmissions are in the minority, but there are plenty of them out there. My Hyundai has a manual transmission. But there are plenty of people who don't know how to drive one, so almost 100% of rental cars are automatic.

It's all a matter of convenience, I suppose. Taking two hours to drive 30 miles in stop-and-go traffic on an L.A. freeway will make you wish your car had an automatic transmission.

Quote: DaButt @ November 21 2008, 1:49 PM GMT

At $1.68/gallon I think it's almost as cheap as bottled water.

Manual transmissions are in the minority, but there are plenty of them out there. My Hyundai has a manual transmission. But there are plenty of people who don't know how to drive one, so almost 100% of rental cars are automatic.

It's all a matter of convenience, I suppose. Taking two hours to drive 30 miles in stop-and-go traffic on an L.A. freeway will make you wish your car had an automatic transmission.

Ahh I understand I guess it depends where you live and the volumes of traffic.

Quote: Seefacts @ November 21 2008, 1:47 PM GMT

29p, I'd slosh the petrol around the forecourt at that price.

Think my idea is slightly less dangerous... But whatever it's 29p a litre who cares?

I reckon I'd horde thousands of barrels then sell it on when it becomes more expensive - there are a few things I need to iron out first of course... Like where to buy barrells from...

Quote: Paul W @ November 21 2008, 1:51 PM GMT

I reckon I'd horde thousands of barrels then sell it on when it becomes more expensive.

I'm tempted to dig up the back yard and bury a 10000-gallon tank in it.

I just read a statistic that says 17% of Americans own a car with a manual transmission. All the old folks can drive one, but I wouldn't be surprised if 50-75% of younger people have never used a manual transmission.

I ride a goreous little red number that costs next to nowt to run, is tax exempt, and you don't even have to worry about parking in small spaces!

Pleased Bitchin!

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ November 21 2008, 1:59 PM GMT

Pleased Bitchin!

My father drove one of these when I was a child. I loved it when he'd take me to school in the TR3. Sadly, it burned up along with all of our worldly possessions (and Christmas presents!) when our storage unit caught fire 2 days before Christmas of 1973.

Laughing out loud

Paul, I'm proud of you for spelling "litre" correctly. :)

Quote: Aaron @ November 21 2008, 2:09 PM GMT

The word "litre" is derived from an older French unit, the litron.

Correct. :)

Quote: Aaron @ November 21 2008, 2:09 PM GMT

Laughing out loud

I spelt Mackerel completely wrong yesterday - I love mackral...

Spelt it like a 4 year old.

Celebrity gets new puppy.

Squee.