British Comedy Guide

Help with relationship advice Page 5

Quote: Mike Dan-Carter @ November 18 2008, 1:47 PM GMT

I think she just thought that if she didn't text me and let me know, it wouldn't matter because I'll probably come running again. It's a shame that some girls/women are this way.

Well, 'people' can be that way.

This seems to be exactly why you shouldn't be playing games, trying to act a certain way, etc. I can't see any sort of decent relationship can come out of all this messing around. On the other hand if you just want to shag her then keep on...

By the way, I do like romance and cuddles and stuff and I am a total romantic if a little scared of guys.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 18 2008, 1:39 PM GMT

I sometimes wonder what some people class as 'clingy'? Sometimes aren't those who profess to hate clinginess just avoidant types, who find intimate realtionship difficult to handle?

This is a good point of course. Hmm. :/

Quote: Griff @ November 18 2008, 1:51 PM GMT

Examples for me would be ringing at 2am, declaring we are in a relationship before the first date, being really rude to male friends I have known for ages, wanting to know where I am all the time, planing things for me without asking first, going over the top everytime I say no to something even if the reason cannot be helped like working over the weekend to cover sickness when they want to go skating, buying me loads of gifts when we are not even involved (You can not buy me, I'm not a hooker), showing up by accident at the same place I am on a girls night out.

There's just no pleasing some women, is there.

I am a mecca for nutters as you can tell.

Quote: Griff @ November 18 2008, 1:51 PM GMT

There's just no pleasing some women, is there.

Not with a poke in the eye.

I would also like to add texting me when I am in the same building to the list.

I've called friends' mobiles when they're only on the other side of the 6th form block, and have been called likewise, but am now embarrassed about it. :$

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ November 18 2008, 1:48 PM GMT

To me "clingy" is anything above a healthy romantic interest, especially after you've made your feelings clear. I can always forgive intitial "accidental" clingy but not after I have had a talk and they ether continue on or worse, don't see the problem.

Examples for me would be ringing at 2am, declaring we are in a relationship before the first date, being really rude to male friends I have known for ages, wanting to know where I am all the time, planing things for me without asking first, going over the top everytime I say no to something even if the reason cannot be helped like working over the weekend to cover sickness when they want to go skating, buying me loads of gifts when we are not even involved (You can not buy me, I'm not a hooker), showing up by accident at the same place I am on a girls night out.

This is NOT okay behaviour for me.

Yes, that sounds like mentalist behaviour, which could possibly lead into dangerous possessiveness.

But some people think it's 'clingy' to go on holiday as a couple...

Quote: Marc P @ November 18 2008, 1:52 PM GMT

Not with a poke in the eye.

You're supposed to aim lower down.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ November 18 2008, 1:54 PM GMT

I've called friends' mobiles when they're only on the other side of the 6th form block, and have been called likewise, but am now embarrassed about it. :$

But you are Scatters and it's allowed.

Yay! :D Hug

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 18 2008, 1:51 PM GMT

Well, 'people' can be that way.

This seems to be exactly why you shouldn't be playing games, trying to act a certain way, etc. I can't see any sort of decent relationship can come out of all this messing around.

This is probably true. How ironic, then, that in most 'proper' relationships, we seem to spend most of our time play acting/behaving in ways specifically designed to effect a response.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ November 18 2008, 1:48 PM GMT

To me "clingy" is anything above a healthy romantic interest, especially after you've made your feelings clear.

What's a "healthy romantic interest" though?

Quote: john lucas 101 @ November 18 2008, 1:57 PM GMT

This is probably true. How ironic, then, that in most 'proper' relationships, we seem to spend most of our time play acting/behaving in ways specifically designed to effect a response.

Maybe that's why they don't last?

I don't think this will happen, but in the unlikely event of it happening - If she asks me out again sometime - what shall I say??

I'd kinda wanna say something like 'well you couldn't even be bothered to text me last time to tell me you didn't want to go out, so it's gonna have to be a no from me'.