British Comedy Guide

Help with relationship advice Page 4

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 18 2008, 1:37 PM GMT

I don't agree. If she fancied him that would be obvious now. If she chased him because he acted as if he wasn't interested, that would be to prove something to herself - not because she liked him. And if she needed to do that then she might be a tad unstable in some way and probably not the best girlfriend material :)

Pff women...

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 18 2008, 1:39 PM GMT

I sometimes wonder what some people class as 'clingy'? Sometimes aren't those who profess to hate clinginess just avoidant types, who find intimate realtionship difficult to handle?

No I love intimacy. But I also love my own space. Literally, in fact. I can take being cuddled in bed for about 30 seconds before I'm trying to escape.

Quote: Lee Henman @ November 18 2008, 1:42 PM GMT

You are wrong. Wrong wrong wrong.

Denial.
:D

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 18 2008, 1:45 PM GMT

Denial.

Hah. I'm just playing hard to get. You want me now Dolly, admit it.
:)

From our exchanges today I think she knows I'm not entirely happy, although I've been perfectly nice, but just not paying her that much attention whereas in the past I would have tried to make conversation.

I think she just thought that if she didn't text me and let me know, it wouldn't matter because I'll probably come running again. It's a shame that some girls/women are this way.

I Imagine Dolly has a mixture of feelings.

Quote: Lee Henman @ November 18 2008, 1:44 PM GMT

No I love intimacy. But I also love my own space. Literally, in fact. I can take being cuddled in bed for about 30 seconds before I'm trying to escape.

Suppose it depends who's doing the cuddling?

What if it was, say, Lucy Porter....??

Quote: Mike Dan-Carter @ November 18 2008, 1:47 PM GMT

From our exchanges today I think she knows I'm not entirely happy, although I've been perfectly nice, but just not paying her that much attention whereas in the past I would have tried to make conversation.

I think she just thought that if she didn't text me and let me know, it wouldn't matter because I'll probably come running again. It's a shame that some girls/women are this way.

Keep it up. She'll be foaming at the gash by teatime.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 18 2008, 1:39 PM GMT

I sometimes wonder what some people class as 'clingy'? Sometimes aren't those who profess to hate clinginess just avoidant types, who find intimate realtionship difficult to handle?

To me "clingy" is anything above a healthy romantic interest, especially after you've made your feelings clear. I can always forgive intitial "accidental" clingy but not after I have had a talk and they ether continue on or worse, don't see the problem.

Examples for me would be ringing at 2am, declaring we are in a relationship before the first date, being really rude to male friends I have known for ages, wanting to know where I am all the time, planing things for me without asking first, going over the top everytime I say no to something even if the reason cannot be helped like working over the weekend to cover sickness when they want to go skating, buying me loads of gifts when we are not even involved (You can not buy me, I'm not a hooker), showing up by accident at the same place I am on a girls night out.

This is NOT okay behaviour for me.

Quote: Lee Henman @ November 18 2008, 1:48 PM GMT

I can't believe I just said that. Errr

Quote: Marc P @ November 18 2008, 1:47 PM GMT

GROAN! Laughing out loud

Quote: Marc P @ November 18 2008, 1:47 PM GMT

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ November 18 2008, 1:48 PM GMT

To me "clingy" is anything above a healthy romantic interest, especially after you've made your feelings clear. I can always forgive intitial "accidental" clingy but not after I have had a talk and they ether continue on or worse, don't see the problem.

Examples for me would be ringing at 2am, declaring we are in a relationship before the first date, being really rude to male friends I have known for ages, wanting to know where I am all the time, planing things for me without asking first, going over the top everytime I say no to something even if the reason cannot be helped like working over the weekend to cover sickness when they want to go skating, buying me loads of gifts when we are not even involved (You can not buy me, I'm not a hooker), showing up by accident at the same place I am on a girls night out.

This is NOT okay behaviour for me.

Was this your geography teacher?

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 18 2008, 1:47 PM GMT

Suppose it depends who's doing the cuddling?

What if it was, say, Lucy Porter....??

Hmmmmm I'd give Lucy a minute cuddletime. After that she'd better be going to her side of the bed or getting ready for some serious Henman-On-Porter action.

Quote: Lee Henman @ November 18 2008, 1:48 PM GMT

Dear Deidre, you are not!