British Comedy Guide

Help with relationship advice Page 3

You'll be just fine hun. You're doing the right thing Hug I hope it all works out!

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ November 18 2008, 1:33 PM GMT

Lee has got a point. Women get just as scared around signs of clinginess as men do. Not saying that's what you have been doing, just stating it as a fact :)

Look at it this way, you now have more free time to spend with people who do care about you :)

Yep. I HATE clingy people. I used to go around with this stunning French girl who stuck to me like a f**king shower curtain. People couldn't believe it when I gave her the heave-ho, they were like "YOU finished with HER???" But it was awful. So stifling.

Lee has got a point. Women get just as scared around signs of clinginess as men do. Not saying that's what you have been doing, just stating it as a fact :)

Look at it this way, you now have more free time to spend with people who do care about you :)

I agree, I think I've played it quite cool all along, but now know that she's perhaps not worth it. I know it's only a text message, but I can't get over the fact that she just couldn't be bothered to send me one saying she didn't want to go out. I don't care that we didn't go out, but am disappointed in her that she failed to let me know.

Quote: Lee Henman @ November 18 2008, 1:31 PM GMT

Honestly mate I'm no Casanova but what I do know is that there's no faster way of turning women off than chasing them around.

I am so f**ked - and therefore, not literally. :/

Quote: Lee Henman @ November 18 2008, 1:35 PM GMT

Yep. I HATE clingy people. I used to go around with this stunning French girl who stuck to me like a f**king shower curtain. People couldn't believe it when I gave her the heave-ho, they were like "YOU finished with HER???" But it was awful. So stifling.

Sophie Dahl mentioned you in her last interview you brute.

Nobody cares about the poor bastard, that's why he was trying to get this girl interested in him. :(

Lee has got a point. Women get just as scared around signs of clinginess as men do.

What about clingfilm?

Quote: sootyj @ November 18 2008, 1:35 PM GMT

You're not worried she's going to google your name and forward this thread to your coleagues?

Not really!

And again, buggeration. Aaron welcomes clinginess. >_<

Quote: Lee Henman @ November 18 2008, 1:31 PM GMT

Mate. Be polite to her, friendly even. But from now on, act as if the dates never happened. Give her the impression that you're not in the slightest bit interested in her romantically.

She'll be gagging for it within a week. Honestly mate I'm no Casanova but what I do know is that there's no faster way of turning women off than chasing them around. Let her come to you now. If she fancies you she will. If she doesn't, she's not worth having anyway.

I don't agree. If she fancied him that would be obvious now. If she chased him because he acted as if he wasn't interested, that would be to prove something to herself - not because she liked him. And if she needed to do that then she might be a tad unstable in some way and probably not the best girlfriend material :)

But she was a frog.

I'm not saying you should ever be a bitch/bastard and completely stand offish as that's worse but their is nothing more off putting than when they turn up at your door at 3am with their head shaven and "I LOVE (insert your name)", holding out the shaven off locks shouting "I DID THIS FOR YOU!!!!".

Quote: Aaron @ November 18 2008, 1:37 PM GMT

Aaron welcomes clinginess. >_<

I sometimes wonder what some people class as 'clingy'? Sometimes aren't those who profess to hate clinginess just avoidant types, who find intimate realtionship difficult to handle?

Quote: Marc P @ November 18 2008, 1:36 PM GMT

What about clingfilm?

Only cakes fear it.

Say to her sternly "I'm very disappointed in you young lady." Then she'll bat her eyelashes at you and reply "Ooo have I been a naughty girl?".
"You have", you'll say, "And naughty girls must be punished".
Before you know it you'll be in the stockroom, sweating and tearing at each others' clothes, trembling in sexual desire as you explore every inch of your bodies with your hot probing tongues.

Honest.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 18 2008, 1:37 PM GMT

I don't agree. If she fancied him that would be obvious now. If she chased him because he acted as if he wasn't interested, that would be to prove something to herself - not because she liked him. And if she needed to do that then she might be a tad unstable in some way and probably not the best girlfriend material :)

You are wrong. Wrong wrong wrong.

Quote: Aaron @ November 18 2008, 1:38 PM GMT

But she was a frog.

true
:D