British Comedy Guide

Help with relationship advice Page 2

Quote: Mike Dan-Carter @ November 18 2008, 12:59 PM GMT

... penis ...

Mike, that's a very suspicious choice of word for a gentleman claiming to be a heterosexual. Telling behaviour.

Quote: Mike Dan-Carter @ November 18 2008, 12:04 PM GMT

My question to you now is how do I act around her now?? She's obviously not interested and I don't want her to think that I'm gonna stand for being messed around etc. I've lost a bit of interest because I'm a bit disappointed in her.

Heed this piece of advice: The only woman you can trust is your mum.

Quote: Mike Dan-Carter @ November 18 2008, 12:04 PM GMT

Sorry to change the subject from comedy, but I really need some help.

I met this girl, we got on really well, went out a few times and I thought we had a really good time, although she was a bit hot & cold, especially over text.

I asked her out on our 4th date last week, I planned to take her for dinner and cinema, she said she would let me know by texting me at the weekend (not a good sign I know). She didn't bother to text me. I saw her today (at work) and she said 'Oh I didn't feel like doing anything on sunday, I felt so ill'. I just said 'Dont worry about it'. My thinking was that she could have at least let me know as thats the decent thing to do.

My question to you now is how do I act around her now?? She's obviously not interested and I don't want her to think that I'm gonna stand for being messed around etc. I've lost a bit of interest because I'm a bit disappointed in her.

Sorry for changing the tone people.

Sounds to me too that she's not really interested. She also sounds a bit rude and probably not worth it. Maybe just be friends, but if you really fancy her, don't bother. Plenty more fish and all that...

Quote: Ben @ November 18 2008, 1:03 PM GMT

And you can't even trust her cooking!

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 18 2008, 1:04 PM GMT

Plenty more fish and all that...

Tell that to the cod thieving icelanders!

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 18 2008, 1:04 PM GMT

Plenty more fish and all that...

Are there? She might have been his fish. THE fish he was destined to spend his life with.

Hang on a minute Mike.... You're not in Peep Show are you??

In which case, they'll find each other again, somehow.

Give her the fish finger!

Quote: chipolata @ November 18 2008, 1:09 PM GMT

Are there? She might have been his fish. THE fish he was destined to spend his life with.

I doubt she was his sole-mate....

Give her the elbow.

Quote: Ben @ November 18 2008, 1:03 PM GMT

Awwwwwww! Tis not true!

Your Granny can also be nice. Console

Mate. Be polite to her, friendly even. But from now on, act as if the dates never happened. Give her the impression that you're not in the slightest bit interested in her romantically.

She'll be gagging for it within a week. Honestly mate I'm no Casanova but what I do know is that there's no faster way of turning women off than chasing them around. Let her come to you now. If she fancies you she will. If she doesn't, she's not worth having anyway.

Quote: EllieJP @ November 18 2008, 12:08 PM GMT

You should have read General General last night when everyone was helping me with my relationship. (We're okay now btw everyone, he called).

You need to be friendly, but totally act nonchalent about the whole thing. Say hi, ask how she is, but be really airy about it, as if you're not really interested. She'll be gutted and if she is interested she'll come back to you. If not, you've tken the higher ground.

Soz Ellie I didn't read your post. But you're right!

Lee has got a point. Women get just as scared around signs of clinginess as men do. Not saying that's what you have been doing, just stating it as a fact :)

Look at it this way, you now have more free time to spend with people who do care about you :)

Quote: Lee Henman @ November 18 2008, 1:31 PM GMT

Mate. Be polite to her, friendly even. But from now on, act as if the dates never happened. Give her the impression that you're not in the slightest bit interested in her romantically.

She'll be gagging for it within a week. Honestly mate I'm no Casanova but what I do know is that there's no faster way of turning women off than chasing them around. Let her come to you now. If she fancies you she will. If she doesn't, she's not worth having anyway.

Thats great, thanks. I've found it tough today with her, but have been nice, but not too nice, and have shown little interest in her.

You're not worried she's going to google your name and forward this thread to your coleagues?