British Comedy Guide

What are you reading right now? Page 43

I've received my copy of 'Cunning: A Blackadder Programme Guide' and that is my current read.

'Tis a good book.

Good? You are now dead to me.

Nope but read that, very good. Northern Lights by that Pullman chap as recommended by one of my off-spring things.

Quote: Griff @ November 6 2008, 12:11 AM GMT

Aaron what is wrong with Lord Of The Flies?

I wouldn't know where to begin. I just thought it was absolutely terrible.

And there's always the vagina conch if that doesn't put you off...

Why would it?

Quote: Aaron @ November 6 2008, 5:42 PM GMT

Why would it?

It's oddddd.

The boys pass the conch around to each other. The 10 year old boys. If the conch is a vagina that's pretty weird.

But every boy loves vagina.

'cept the gays.

I'm reading Watchmen, the comic book by Alan Moore. If only to act all smart arse when the film comes out. Have to say it's an amazingly complex, dark and ultimately fantastic slab of writing. Not sure how it will translate on the screen.

On Griff's question re Golding, I read The Inheritors as a teenager and thought it was terrific; whether I would be so impressed today I have no idea. I was underwhelmed by The Spire, so much so that I have not read anything of his subsequently.

Quote: Nick Rivers @ November 6 2008, 5:56 PM GMT

I'm reading Watchmen, the comic book by Alan Moore. If only to act all smart arse when the film comes out. Have to say it's an amazingly complex, dark and ultimately fantastic slab of writing. Not sure how it will translate on the screen.

Fabulous isn't it? Might I reccomend V for Vendetta and Miracle Man for desert.

Also League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is also fantastic.

Quote: Timbo @ November 6 2008, 6:14 PM GMT

I was underwhelmed by The Spire, so much so that I have not read anything of his subsequently.

Had to read that in sixth form. Every one in the class hated it. A terrible, dull book to spend a whole term with.

Barking mad.

Totally mad! Miss R said it, so it has to be.