British Comedy Guide

Brand, Ross and Sachs Page 38

:( Poor old Russ. He's lovely.

Quote: zooo @ November 1 2008, 4:07 PM BST

:( Poor old Russ. He's lovely.

Now I know why I never get the girls :(

I need to be more like "Russ"...

I just want to give him a cuddle though. Not shag him. :)

Quote: Huge Bear @ November 1 2008, 5:41 PM BST

Now I know why I never get the girls :(

Because you're always moving around the world, p'rhaps? Give 'em a chance to get to know you! ;)

As for me, Gawd knows why I have this luck.

It's 100% the right decision to drop Ross from the BCA (despite him making the show what it is) Had he done it it would have been like HIGNFY after Angus screwed up....every comic would have had a dig and it would have been a farce.......which is why we will never seen Ross back on the BBC on friday nights, no hope. The Mail has pretty much dragged up every single iffy gag he made on there and, no doubt, will leap on any he makes in the future.....he's finished on the BBC unless he re-invents himself as Brucie.

The Sunday Times had a 2 page hatchet job on the BBC, going through every current comedy show for dodgy quotes.

The problem for me is much of the stuff isn't funny.

Making it much harder to defend.

I think alot of TV comedy has become lazily ofensive.

Just because it's the Daily Mail doesn't stop them having a point.

Quote: Pete @ November 2 2008, 11:52 PM GMT

It's 100% the right decision to drop Ross from the BCA

They didn't drop him, he dropped it.

Jumped before he was pushed?

The 2 things I hate about him,

1 He's a hypcorite, his toady interviews with people he likes and litigous as hell.

2 He pisses an awsome talent up the wall. Comics Britannia, Incredibly Strange Film Show, The Last Resort. All amazing and now just assinine scripted gags with vapid celebs.

Shock horror troglodyte comedy writers, write shitty sketches for no money on thread no one visits.

We expose Sootyj possibly the worst and least succesful comedy writer in the UK.

Quote: sootyj @ November 3 2008, 12:11 AM GMT

Shock horror troglodyte comedy writers, write shitty sketches for no money on thread no one visits.

We expose Sootyj possibly the worst and least succesful comedy writer in the UK.

You'll get 6 mill a year easy then

I'd settle for burying my face in his wife's ample cleavage.

Alas unlike Ross I haven't worked out how to turn shit into gold.

Quote: sootyj @ November 3 2008, 12:15 AM GMT

I'd settle for burying my face in his wife's ample cleavage.

Leave a message on his answerphone telling him you've already done it. :|

Apparently the hypocrite always calls in his expensive lawyers, so on second thoughts better not.

Quote: sootyj @ November 2 2008, 11:59 PM GMT

The Sunday Times had a 2 page hatchet job on the BBC, going through every current comedy show for dodgy quotes.

The problem for me is much of the stuff isn't funny.

Making it much harder to defend.

I think alot of TV comedy has become lazily ofensive.

Just because it's the Daily Mail doesn't stop them having a point.

I'd quite like it if this current hysteria over taste and decency did hit programmes like Coming of Age.

Is that show any good? I watch for about 5 minutes and then my eyes glaze over.

There's a whole slate of programmes that seem to be bullet proof, and I suspect it's because they're just superior.

Brass Eye, League of Gentlemen etc.

People who mocked them looked like ridiculous dimwits.

But Dermot Leary's right to say the Queen's fanny is haunted and call Dave Cameron a c**t.

Not so defensible.

Edited by Aaron.

Quote: chipolata @ November 3 2008, 10:36 AM GMT

I'd quite like it if this current hysteria over taste and decency did hit programmes like Coming Of Age.

Carry On Up The Khyber was shown on Channel 4 on Sunday afternoon. It was full of bad taste, innuendo, was borderline racist and not very funny. But all those up in arms over 'taste and decency' probably find this all good old-fashioned saucy postcard humour.

Quote: sootyj @ November 3 2008, 10:41 AM GMT

But Dermot Leary's right to say the Queen's fanny is haunted and call Dave Cameron a c**t.

Was that on X Factor???

:O

Edited by Aaron.