British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 1,540

Unfortunately.

I assume it's a money thing? I have several European friends and they all host their sites in the U.S. because it's cheaper. Why are Euro hosts so expensive?

Can I ask about the server if it's not top secret information? Just curious about the hardware and the amount of bandwidth the site chews up every month.

Yes, it's just cheaper to find hosting in the US than it is here.

My own server is located in, er, I think Dallas. No idea why hosts here are so more expensive.

However, we've got a new dedicated server in the UK which the BCG will be running from.

Quote: Aaron @ November 2 2008, 1:16 PM GMT

However, we've got a new dedicated server in the UK which the BCG will be running from.

Will it have a little UK flag atop it?

And a picture of the Queen on the front. Teary

Quote: Aaron @ November 2 2008, 1:16 PM GMT

My own server is located in, er, I think Dallas.

So is mine, I think. Texas has cheap bandwidth and electricity and natural disasters are rare, so hosts love to locate their data centers here. Rackspace has a huge data center here in San Antonio and they're getting ready to move into an even bigger one. I read that Microsoft is also planning a major data center here.

Quote: Aaron @ November 2 2008, 1:21 PM GMT

And a picture of the Queen on the front. Teary

Quote: Gavin @ November 2 2008, 1:24 PM GMT

Nah, more like

Clary over Winton? Its a mad house........A MAD HOUSSE!!!

Quote: Gavin @ November 2 2008, 1:24 PM GMT

Laughing out loud

Quote: DaButt @ November 2 2008, 1:22 PM GMT

So is mine, I think. Texas has cheap bandwidth and electricity and natural disasters are rare, so hosts love to locate their data centers here. Rackspace has a huge data center here in San Antonio and they're getting ready to move into an even bigger one. I read that Microsoft is also planning a major data center here.

BIGGER?! Blimey. That's quite scary. Microsoft's got major expansion plans underway, so not at all surprised about that. It'll be interesting to see what happens to prices over the next few years.

*salutes Clary as superior queen*

Quote: Gavin @ November 2 2008, 1:27 PM GMT

Clary over Winton? Its a mad house........A MAD HOUSSE!!!

Oh I love Clary. No idea why. He's just ace.

Quote: zooo @ November 2 2008, 1:28 PM GMT

:)

I want a CD of him talking to get me to sleep at night. He's so lovely and relaxing.

Quote: zooo @ November 2 2008, 1:28 PM GMT

Your both Mad.

Super Market Sweep ffs! We could always bring out the Killer Queen.