British Comedy Guide

Brand, Ross and Sachs Page 37

Boom boom! :D

Tommy Cooper's last line.

Sorry, but the BCA is a boring load of dRoss!

Always Woss!

Why you guys are into that crap is clearly above me.

Surely the sole issue is that the offending article was put on air?

I imagine that creative "edgy" performers such as Ross and Brand have a raft of crazy or offensive material ideas rejected weekly.

Surely the culpable parties in this instance are those who allowed it to be broadcast [and we can include Sachs in that by all accounts].

P.S. We could do a lot worse than have the Awards hosted by The Mighty Boosh, IMO.

I like the Comedy Awards too.

I wouldn't go so far as to say they're my comedy highlight of the year ;). But I always watch them and I do love how nasty/naughty Ross's speech is at the start.

The edgyness and liveness of it is a MASSIVE attraction, and I can't help thinking that's going to be totally ruined by this whole thing.

Quote: Geoff Mutton @ November 1 2008, 2:23 PM BST

P.S. We could do a lot worse than have the Awards hosted by The Mighty Boosh, IMO.

Could do a hell of a lot better though.

See, I've never thought much of Ross's speech. I mean, yeah, it's funny, but come on. It's not that amazing.

They'd have to be reeeeeeally mean though. But in a likeable way.

There's not THAT many people that could carry it off just right.

A few you mention could be good though.

Oo, Jack Dee! Please please please let it be Jack Dee!

Jack Dee would be a great host - we can agree on that.

What I now find most curious about this whole affair is what is going to happen to the new Never Mind The Buzzcocks episode featuring Russell Brand as a guest captain. It's been recorded and was supposed to go out on Thursday but, for obvious reasons, a different episode was put out instead.

Now Brand has quit, are the BBC going to be able to air this episode or is it going to have to be shelved? I have a suspicion it'll get canned - if for no other reason than if they did put it out, even at the end of the run, it'd look really odd having Brand on the show and Simon not questioning him about this situation (what with most viewers on the evening not realising it was recorded ages ago)

I think they'll show it and just have the announcer woman pre the show mention that it was filmed 'before recent events'.

After all, hasn't Russell resigned specifically from his radio show, not necessarily quit all BBC things from all time ever, ever?
He's done other things for the BBC, I'm sure they won't decide to never ever repeat his Kerouac road trip thing again, etc.

They could state that it was recorded previously, like the pre-show introductions on HIGNFY and Drop The Dead Donkey repeats?

Quote: zooo @ November 1 2008, 3:39 PM BST

I think they'll show it and just have the announcer woman pre the show mention that it was filmed 'before recent events'.

What she said.

After all, hasn't Russell resigned specifically from his radio show, not necessarily quit all BBC things from all time ever, ever?

I think, strictly speaking, he's also still suspended. It's just that he's quit the radio programme so won't be returning there at all.

Didn't he say (when resigning) that he wouldn't work for the BBC again!?

Oh, I don't know. Did he?

Then they might be sure to show the Buzzcocks episode out of spite!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2LphArg0c_w

1min 50secs (ish)

Quote: Nil Putters @ November 1 2008, 3:51 PM BST

Didn't he say (when resigning) that he wouldn't work for the BBC again!?

I'll bet Lesley Whats-Her-Name only resigned from her position, not her employment.