British Comedy Guide

Brand, Ross and Sachs Page 30

Yeah I know, the studio audience'll be all whoopy and everything.

But what will he saaaaay?
I guess maybe he'll have Russell as a guest and make a big thing of it, rather than try and gloss over it.

Maybe. But it was in poor taste to ring up a 78 year old comedy hero and belittle him. F**king poor taste and Ross does not deserve a standing ovation for that, surely.

I really hope you're all right as I just feel this could ruin his career.

So we won't see him on TV till February at the latest.

I hope I can cope lol.

You can cope. Get a life! ;)

Quote: Frankie Rage @ October 30 2008, 10:18 PM BST

Maybe. But it was in poor taste to ring up a 78 year old comedy hero and belittle him. F**king poor taste and Ross does not deserve a standing ovation for that, surely.

That's not what the standing ovation will be for, silly.

What will it be for then, smarty?

Quote: Frankie Rage @ October 30 2008, 10:18 PM BST

You can cope. Get a life! ;)

I have a life thanks.

I like the guy and think a lot of people have been right pussies about this situation.

Not Andrew Sach's mind you, just the f**k*** media.

Quote: Pete @ October 30 2008, 10:13 PM BST

This country seems in need of a Colbert Report to highlight the right wing medias power over the easily manipulated.

Not sure this is a party political issue.

I would say that this case the media mobilised opinion rather than manipulated it. Whatever the rights or wrongs of the actual case, there were voices of dissent waiting for the chance to be heard.

That's it! I resign too.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ October 30 2008, 10:19 PM BST

What will it be for then, smarty?

Well I wouldn't give him one, cos I don't do standing ups unless I'm going somewhere.

But for all the reasons already said on this thread. To show that they disagree with the ridiculous shitstorm that followed what happened.

Good news about your life, Richard!

The media's over-reaction doesn't excuse Ross and Brands crass behaviour. I like Ross too, but not this awful episode.

Having said that, an apology should have done the trick and the BBC editorial policy should have been reviewed, i.e. don't put something like that out again.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ October 30 2008, 10:23 PM BST

Good news about your life, Richard!

The media's over-reaction doesn't excuse Ross and Brands crass behaviour. I like Ross too, but not this awful episode.

Having said that, an apology should have done the trick and the BBC editorial policy should have been reviewed, i.e. don't put something like that out again.

Well I agree with all that.

I just don't like how out of proportion it has all become.

Like somebody on the TV said yesterday, the only people who haven't got involved or voiced an opinion are the united nations lol.

Quote: zooo @ October 30 2008, 10:23 PM BST

Well I wouldn't give him one, cos I don't do standing ups unless I'm going somewhere.

But for all the reasons already said on this thread. To show that they disagree with the ridiculous shitstorm that followed what happened.

Well, I don't think he deserves a standing ovation because of other peoples behaviour. Just chatisement for his own.

I like Ross. But this was awful. I wouldn't have minded him having a dig at the granddaughter (Satanic Slut, indeed!) but not Sachs himself. Bad targetting, surely.

Well, I must say I'm fully bored of the whole issue now!

Quote: Richard Wells @ October 30 2008, 10:26 PM BST

Well I agree with all that.

I just don't like how out of proportion it has all become.

Like somebody on the TV said yesterday, the only people who haven't got involved or voiced an opinion are the united nations lol.

Agreed. :)

I wonder what The Queen thinks about it?

She was a Fawlty fan. Or if not, she should have been! ;)

Quote: zooo @ October 30 2008, 10:27 PM BST

Well, I must say I'm fully bored of the whole issue now!

Yep. Me too. How are your corns, love? :)