British Comedy Guide

Brand, Ross and Sachs Page 24

Quote: Marc P @ October 30 2008, 12:07 AM BST

That's what we need here, a good sensible, considered response.

Yeah, stuff you Marc if you feel the need to make snidey remarks aimed at me. I would say grow up, if I wasn't aware that you were a fully grown man; at least physically.

Why must you beautiful people argue so?

Quote: Winterlight @ October 30 2008, 9:44 AM BST

Why must you beautiful people argue so?

Hey, if someone goes picking a fight, I'm not one to be walked over, even if I do find it pointless, boring and frustrating!

Quote: Griff @ October 30 2008, 9:54 AM BST

Our innate vanity, which is particularly sensitive in reference to our intellectual powers, will not allow that our first position was wrong, and our adversary's right.

Or if someone decides to suddenly butt in and throw an insult out of the blue! Why Marc? Why?? Teary I never dun 'nuthin!

Russell is a horrible name.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 30 2008, 9:58 AM BST

Or if someone decides to suddenly butt in and throw an insult out of the blue! Why Marc? Why?? Teary I never dun 'nuthin!

Sorry I'm a bit confused here, I thought you were saying that people who complained about someone phoning someone up and saying things along the lines of I f**ked your granddaughter, I met her when she was nine on a swing, but its alright she was menstruating when I f**ked her were a bit mental.

Didn't mean to be snide but I guess you can see how these thing work. I probably didn't read what was being said properly.

:)

Quote: Marc P @ October 30 2008, 10:09 AM BST

Sorry I'm a bit confused here, I thought you were saying that people who complained about someone phoning someone up and saying things along the lines of I f**ked your granddaughter, I met her when she was nine on a swing, but its alright she was menstruating when I f**ked her were a bit mental.

What they did was clearly wrong, the BBC letting it go out is clearly wrong, the media whipping up a shitstorm that results in 27,000 people actually complaining and Brand quitting is clearly wrong. That is my position.
Basically my position is that everyone and everything is wrong. Including me.

LOL Matthew, I apologise unreservedly!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 30 2008, 10:15 AM BST

What they did was clearly wrong, the BBC letting it go out is clearly wrong, the media whipping up a shitstorm that results in 27,000 people actually complaining and Brand quitting is clearly wrong. That is my position.

I don't think many would disagree too much with you there. Apologies if I seemed insulting last night. A long day etc.

There's a lot of love in the (chat) room today.

Quote: Wildjesusfishkid @ October 30 2008, 10:05 AM BST

Russell is a horrible name.

I quite agree.

The third item on this MediaGuardian page is quite interesting I thought. Apparently it's cost the BBC a lot of money to cancel Ross' TV show - the message didn't get to the production team in time you see... they've hired in expensive HD equipment and moved studios all for nothing.

Quote: Mark @ October 30 2008, 12:03 PM BST

The third item on this MediaGuardian page is quite interesting I thought. Apparently it's cost the BBC a lot of money to cancel Ross' TV show - the message didn't get to the production team in time you see... they've hired in expensive HD equipment and moved studios all for nothing.

Just read the first few lines of Media Monkey blog.

Brand takes 6 weeks out of his busy schedule to share with channel 4....

The arrogant twunt must die. Any one got a gun?

Apparently Jonathan Ross is to learn his fate today.

Some are speculating that he will be fired but surely not as he is a ratings grabber for BBC1.

Plus I'm sure ITV and Channel 4 would snap him up if they could.

Round about now we must surely be due for the backlash against the backlash, in which everybody realises what a storm in teacup it was.

Although there's a great quote in the papers today from Georgina baillie:

"Me and my granddad are both really happy because it could have damaged our reputation permanently," said the 23 year old Satanic Sluts dancer.