British Comedy Guide

Brand, Ross and Sachs Page 20

Oh bugger I missed it. What did she think?

Judi Dench was disgusted by it.

Which proves my age theory seeing as she's in her 70s.

The real outrage is that some people find Russell Brand funny.

Quote: zooo @ October 29 2008, 11:34 PM BST

Oh bugger I missed it. What did she think?

nutshell just saying, it was intended as a joke and we all know they are 'naughty boys' and that 'had they said an immediate apology' there would of been little said about it.
But cause she is right nobody will listen to her!

:D

Perhaps a lesson for all of us is if we don't like what's happening on TV get organised.

Complain, explain demand refrain.

Maybe if we wrote enmass about what concerns us we could have a similar result?

Maybe we should all just masturbate the stress away.

Quote: Chickenoriental @ October 29 2008, 11:38 PM BST

'had they said an immediate apology' there would have been little said about it.

I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately they chose not to, so in a way they brought this onto themselves.

Well if 27,000 say he touched us up when he was on the radio, he'll be out by the end of the week.

People power, people it works!

Quote: Aaron @ October 29 2008, 11:43 PM BST

Maybe we should all just masturbate the stress away.

I thought we were already?

Also is you have a serious complaint you should have to take a short electronic test, to prove you actually viewed/heard the show.

Wow - 23 pages of discussion on this. I'm afraid I'm a bit to tired (ok, lazy) to read through it all... can someone sum up what the general BSG consensus is for me please?

i.e. Are people thinking Brand getting sacked/quitting is the right move, or a mistake?

My personal view-point on this is that this has been blown completely out of proportion by people jumping on a bandwagon. Unless I'm mistaken, just two or so people actually complained on the day of broadcast?!? So why are people suddenly deciding to get offended a week later?

And why the hell is this the main news at 10pm? This is more important than an earthquake is it?

ITV and C4 are no doubt loving this... C4 can now sign up Brand and no doubt over at ITV towers they are dusting off their draft contract for Ross again in an attempt to finally add him to their presenter line-up, something they've wanted to do for years.

You've basically summed up the thread yourself!

I think Ross will stay put. The BBC have now got a scapegoat in Russell so they can say they've 'taken action', even though he told them to f**k off, not the other way around.

Quote: zooo @ October 29 2008, 11:50 PM BST

I think Ross will stay put.

I flipping hope so.

Quote: zooo @ October 29 2008, 11:50 PM BST

You've basically summed up the thread yourself!

I think Ross will stay put.

Well I was being 'told' his career is probably going downhill from here. He will get his friday night slot back, but viewing figures will drop he will go to primetime and eventually... Wave..

I DISAGREE! I think/hope he will make a comeback.

Quote: Mark @ October 29 2008, 11:48 PM BST

And why the hell is this the main news at 10pm? This is more important than an earthquake is it?

Unless an earthquake happened in Great Britain, yes.

Anyway, I think people are forgetting that it's moved on now from just Ross and Brand to a wider, more important question of how it was allowed to be broadcast in the first place, what the BBC has done about it, how it's been handled - internal BBC attitudes, basically.

That is why it's leading the news.

Quote: Chickenoriental @ October 29 2008, 11:56 PM BST

Well I was being 'told' his career is probably going downhill from here. He will get his friday night slot back, but viewing figures will drop he will go to primetime and eventually... Wave..

I DISAGREE! I think/hope he will make a comeback.

Whoever told you that is possibly the biggest retard in the history of media and TV analysis.

I may be exaggerating a little.

Just watrching Newsnight on civil war in Congo, involving upto 5 other countries a collapse of the UN presence and upto 5,000,000 deaths.

Followed by the collapse of fiscal policy in the UK.

Both 2nd to this f**king stupid story.