British Comedy Guide

Brand, Ross and Sachs Page 19

Quote: zooo @ October 29 2008, 8:29 PM BST

Well, no. But I can just use my imagination.

:D

I know what I'll be imagining, etc.

Quote: Badge @ October 29 2008, 8:32 PM BST

I haven't read all this thread - it got a bit repetitive - but it seems there are two camps, and fans of Brand & Ross are much more likely to see it as a storm in a teacup.

I'm not a 'fan' of either, in fact I really dislike the Ross chat show, but I still see it as something about very little.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 29 2008, 8:34 PM BST

I'm not a 'fan' of either, in fact I really dislike the Ross chat show, but I still see it as something about very little.

See, I told you I hadn't read all the thread. :)

Quote: Aaron @ October 29 2008, 8:33 PM BST

:D

I know what I'll be imagining, etc.

Wahey!

I'm a big fan of Russell on TV, but actually not of his radio show. Despite the odd moment of brilliance I find most of it quite boring.

For me he works better on telly, or standup. He rambles a lot on radio.

Those odd moments of brilliance are awesome though... it's a shame the BBC won't be getting them anymore!

Quote: zooo @ October 29 2008, 8:40 PM BST

Wahey!

I'm a big fan of Russell on TV, but actually not of his radio show. Despite the odd moment of brilliance I find most of it quite boring.

For me he works better on telly, or standup. He rambles a lot on radio.

Those odd moments of brilliance are awesome though... it's a shame the BBC won't be getting them anymore!

Yes....

I can well imagine that Americans would find these prats to be 'awesome'.

Over here though (and very appropriately) the term is 'awful'...

How does f**k off grab you? :D

I was using awesome in its proper and original sense. As in they create feelings of awe.

I know people with little experience of Brand's work like to think of him as some brainless twit, but I actually find him to be very intelligent and perceptive, and therefore he comes out with some fantastically insightful little nuggets now and again.

What a kerfuffle over a bit of silly bother.

It is mental.

The best bit is politicians getting in on the act, the country is falling apart and everyone is skint but forget that Manuel had some dodgy phone calls and action must be taken.

Can't help but feel if Matt Morgan was still presenting it none of this would have happened. Maybe even Noel Gallagher could have sorted it.

What is poor Matt Morgan gonna do now!

ooo ITV News!! WATCH!
:)

Did they say anything new?

Unlikely.

If 27,000 people complain then yes the BBC should carry out an investigation.

This should be transparent.

But if the result is 27,000 people are talking crap and should get a life.

Then that is what the BBC should say.

The BBC must listen to it's viewers/listeners, it shouldn't be controlled by them.

Quote: zooo @ October 29 2008, 11:07 PM BST

Did they say anything new?

Depends what you have seen..? Ross' statement, Brand's 'resignation' video, they are soon to ask some celebs their opinions. That will be interesting! I have only just listened to the entire episode and personally I think it's a little harsh on Sachs but it was really quite funny!
:)

Yep, it was funny. That cannot be denied!

Showing Celebs opinions now..

Davina McCall (sp?) Spot on the money!