British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 1,521

I'm surprised he didn't mention his "Ball Sach".

Quote: zooo @ October 26 2008, 10:00 PM BST

I guess it must be me. It doesn't sound like the worst thing I've ever heard.

It's not nice, and they shouldn't have done it, but it hardly deserves legal action or anything.

It's not the worst thing, no. But it's just not nice. I'm sure that Andrew can cope with it, but I feel sorry for the granddaughter. Even moreso if it really is true that he did! Eesh.

Quote: Winterlight @ October 26 2008, 10:06 PM BST

I'm surprised he didn't mention his "Ball Sach".

*sniggers*

Quote: Aaron @ October 26 2008, 10:11 PM BST

It's not the worst thing, no. But it's just not nice. I'm sure that Andrew can cope with it, but I feel sorry for the granddaughter. Even moreso if it really is true that he did! Eesh.

Very good point...

But for all we know she found it funny. Do we know what she's like/what her reaction has been? She might be a right old slapper.
After all she did shag Brand... who the hell would do that? (no, not me.) :)

I wonder if Ellie has seen any sarcophaghi in Egypt yet?

Quote: zooo @ October 26 2008, 10:16 PM BST

Very good point...

But for all we know she found it funny. Do we know what she's like/what her reaction has been? She might be a right old slapper.
After all she did shag Brand... who the hell would do that? (no, not me.) :)

Ha! An equally good point!

But still, even then. You'd have to be pretty thick skinned for it to not bother you at all? I dunno.

It's bad enough for a guy to brag about sleeping with a woman to his mates in the pub. Brand did it to millions of listeners! People she works with, friends, other relatives probably heard it!

Yeah, that's not good.

But I don't believe he did it maliciously. He just needs to think about what he's doing more and not get caught up in just entertaining people, and impressing people he looks up to (Ross, I imagine).

But, a lot of great comedians don't give a shit about what they say/do offending a few people. And nor should they.
Still, I don't think that applies to him, I think he probably does care.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ October 26 2008, 10:43 PM BST

It's bad enough for a guy to brag about sleeping with a woman to his mates in the pub. Brand did it to millions of listeners! People she works with, friends, other relatives probably heard it!

Relatives hearing (and Andrew) would be flipping excruciating, I fully agree!

But she's quite possibly been bragging herself about pulling Brand to all and sundry. We shouldn't assume she's necessarily all innocent and pure and hard done by. (not that I'm saying you are.)

Laughing out loud Thanks!

Agreed and I wouldn't assume she was. If she did a kiss and tell to the papers, she would be totally in the wrong but c'mon! Leaving messages on her 78 year old Grandfather answer machine on the radio about having sex with her?

As I said, Brand would be better off by apologising. If he puts his hands in the air and says "You know what, I was in the wrong, there was no excuse, I am sorry", it wouldn't erase what happened but it would show he understood what he did was wrong, Sachs would at least respect him for that I think, and so would many listeners. If he doesn't and hides behind the BBC, I think his career will seriously suffer.

But personally I found it offensive and I think he should apologise.

I don't really think it'll affect his career, but yes, an apology wouldn't do any harm!

(He did ring back, is says there, to apologise straight away though. He just managed to make it worse!) I'd quite like to actually listen to the radio show to be honest, cos all this is just conjecture.

If you apologise, you say "Sorry", not "I wore a condom!" and you certainly don't break into song!

Okay I might.

*imagines strumming, skipping minstrels*

*begins acquiring programme*

Totally unrelatedly...

Anyone know who? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7690056.stm

Wow!
Now THAT is some bad behaviour. :O:O

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ October 26 2008, 11:05 PM BST

If you apologise, you say "Sorry", not "I wore a condom!" and you certainly don't break into song!

Okay I might.

teehee!

Quote: zooo @ October 26 2008, 11:01 PM BST

(He did ring back, is says there, to apologise straight away though. He just managed to make it worse!)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=u0PUrNwvvBk

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 26 2008, 11:15 PM BST

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=u0PUrNwvvBk

Hahaha!

Oh god no, I cannot listen to that. It makes me want to kill myself. :D