British Comedy Guide

What are you reading right now? Page 37

I'm trying to get some landscaping ideas for next spring.

I finished Slaughterhouse 5 last night and it was amaaaaazing. Now I'm trying to plough through Mrs. Dalloway by Viriginia Woolf. Although I did literally just start it a minute ago, the fact that it doesn't have chapters makes it pretty goal-less.

I've just started 'The Accidental Time Traveller' by Sharon Griffiths and I've just finished 'Fried Green Tomatoes At The Whistle Stop Cafe' by Fannie Flagg.
I've also got 'The Last Temptation' by Val McDermid on the go, too.

*Waits for PhQnix*

*Goes back to General, General*

What do I do? What do I do?

*Tags*

?

Missed me!

Ha! You are pants at this.

Just finished Dark Fire, the second Matthew Shardlake novel by C.J. Sansom. A wonderfully vivid evocation of Tudor England and it fair races along. I have the third one on the bookshelves and am tempted to start it now, but I shall save it as a treat for some future occasion.

Quote: Timbo @ October 22 2008, 12:19 AM BST

Just finished Dark Fire, the second Matthew Shardlake novel by C.J. Sansom. A wonderfully vivid evocation of Tudor England and it fair races along. I have the third one on the bookshelves and am tempted to start it now, but I shall save it as a treat for some future occasion.

Oo, those look really good. I'm very tempted to get the first. I'm assuming you recommend?

Go for it. I am not normally a crime fiction fan, but this series has genuine literary quality and a real feel for the historical period.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ October 21 2008, 10:10 AM BST

Now I'm trying to plough through Mrs. Dalloway by Viriginia Woolf. Although I did literally just start it a minute ago, the fact that it doesn't have chapters makes it pretty goal-less.

Good luck. Virginia Woolf is hard work and a half. Plus I can't read her now without thinking of Nicole Kidman with that plasticine nose in The Hours.

I am reading this thread.

I've got the new Neil Gaiman but haven't started it yet.

Been thinking of trying some Gaiman. Anything you would particularly recommend?

Quote: zooo @ September 24 2007, 2:53 PM BST

I'm working my way through all Stephen Fry's novels.

They are exactly as ace as you would expect.

Just finished Making History, and am starting Hippopotamus.

Making History is my fave Stephen Fry novel, closely followed by The Liar.

We have the same favourites!
Although those two might be the other way around.