British Comedy Guide

Script Night Page 2

I live only 15 miles away and go to leeds all the time,might check it out!

Yorkshire!Yorkshire!Yorkshire!

Well done, Dan! :)

Well done, sir!

Real shame you're away, hope someone manages to record it for you.
Shows how subject to opinion and circumstance this sort of thing is. And the value of persistence. Though of course your writing talent does increase your chances, I'd imagine.

Anyway, good to see it didn't go to waste

You lucky clever boy!
*Claps furiously*

Thanks all. Much appreciated. Cornflakes -- go! You can meet my mum and my sister! Kind of like an almost BSG meet-up :)

Charley! Where've you been?

Dan

Good news Dan. Well done.

Yep, well done Dan ... I used to work in Leeds so could have popped in after the job. Trouble is that was 1977!

Hope you don't have a Turkey!

Frankie xxx :)

Congrats! This proves that you just have to keep going and not get disheartened by rejection.

Frankie

Technically, it *is* after the job. 31 years after, mind... :)

Cheers all. Much appreciated.

Dan

A belated 'good skills' from me, Dan!

Quote: swerytd @ October 14 2008, 8:49 AM BST

Woohoo!

Anyway, it's being performed up in Millenium Square in Leeds on 31st Oct/1st Nov. I would go (as I'm from up around there anyway) but I'm in Turkey until the 2nd.

Isn't Turkey a dangerous place for a holiday, what with all those Muslims?

Congrats!
Next up it's Script Night: Renaissance, which will be performed in early March 2009 and for which the deadline is 30th November. Can't find any info tho'!

Ta, Michael. Where did you find that out?

Just found out my script is the opener on the opening night! They do different scripts each night, so it won't be on on Saturday evening.

Dan

Good stuff!
I got an Email with my (sob) rejection. I've asked 'em for more info, will letca know...

Congrats Dan, and I can only add that rejections from one company doesn't imply rejections from every company. From personal experience, one of our scripts was kicked to death by a company then that same script won second place in an international radio play competition. It's right time, right place, right reader, right audience.

As a general comment to all other writers / peers here: We all feel down at times, especially when rejection calls. Do not give up. It's a marathon, not a 100 metre dash.

:)