British Comedy Guide

The worst feedback you ever had Page 3

Quote: Winterlight @ October 9 2008, 1:18 PM BST

What did I say?!

Bitch.

Quote: David Bussell @ October 9 2008, 11:53 AM BST

Can I get a copy of that for when I want to feel good about myself?

Certainly not, you'd only spray your foul Bussell seed all over it.

Quote: Marc P @ October 9 2008, 11:58 AM BST

I just phoned Micheal J who was working there at the time. It was someone called Al Murray apparently. He took the script with him when he left so couldn't confirm the actual quote.

Hah!

Actually yes that's right, MJ DID work at Alomo didn't he? I wonder if it was he with the red pen of poison?!

"It's a bit Bottom, isn't it?"

Andrew Davies

LOL.

And that was THE Andrew Davies as well.

Being serious, isn't the worst sort of feedback, no feedback at all? You don't know where you've gone wrong - you don't know if your script has even been read.

Yeah, the above stuff I got was in a massive run-down of all things wrong with the script. It may have been the worst in terms of 'scathing' but one of the best in terms of direction/suggestions.

Dan

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 9 2008, 3:06 PM BST

Being serious, isn't the worst sort of feedback, no feedback at all? You don't know where you've gone wrong - you don't know if your script has even been read.

It would be if I didn't have a huge capacity for self-delusion and an egg-shell fragile ego.

That reminds me that on sending in some sitcom synopisi (?) I got the response along the lines of "it all sounds very depressing, where's the comedy?". I didn't send on the scripts. I didn't want to give anyone a nervous breakdown.

One time I got told my sitcom was slightly too long.

I received that feedback once but it wasn't about my sitcom.

Quote: Leevil @ October 9 2008, 6:35 PM BST

I received that feedback once but it wasn't about my sitcom.

So then, in fact, you DIDN'T receive that feedback.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I can only apologise for that... but someone had to it and Dave Chapman wasn't about.

'Would rather gouge my eyes out with a file than being involved in any capacity with this' - a high profile comedy producer's reaction to a sitcom pilot of mine.

I think I've won this thread, don't you? Teary

Quote: Stylo @ October 9 2008, 9:57 PM BST

'Would rather gouge my eyes out with a file than being involved in any capacity with this' - a high profile comedy producer's reaction to a sitcom pilot of mine.

Is that for real? Care to PM me the prod co?